PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Question

BranMan
03-19-2007, 08:44 PM
well im gunna try and replace my clutch in my 02 400ex.. i have never done this b4 so if any1 can give me some tips on how to do it or how to make it easier i would greatly appreciate it.. and wat is a good clutch kit to use and where can i buy 1.. and 1 last question should i get the HD springs.. any help is appreciated.. thanks in advance...

n811
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
There was a full write up in either atv sport or dirtwheels on clutch rebuilds. I think they will e-mail you the article.

BranMan
03-20-2007, 08:27 PM
any1 else??

hondaguy20
03-21-2007, 09:18 AM
lean the wheeler on its side....so that the oil wont go all over the place...you can drain the oil but some all ways manages to get on the ground...ive had the best luck wiht oem fibers...make sure your steel are not turing purple or blue...if they are replace them...that means that have gotten hot and probably glazed over adn wont grip the fibers as well as new ones can.... and yes use HD spring...might as well they are usually pretty cheap... and make sure when u put the cover on the clutch actuator spring goes on likes supposed to...iver really messed up a spring once and didn't notice it until i changed the clutch again...hope this helps