PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Bike Question

JRP
03-19-2007, 08:05 PM
well i have abike, and ive been riding it alot. But here recently its like i can peddle like 4 times and it will slip. like it will miss a gear, but its the same in all the gears. aAny clue why?

Tommy 17
03-19-2007, 08:19 PM
i'm pretty sure theres splines on the back axle that the gears catch to turn the wheel... i'd look into that i'm sure a few are chewed off or something... its gotta be something where the rear gears meet the rear tire...

JRP
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i'm pretty sure theres splines on the back axle that the gears catch to turn the wheel... i'd look into that i'm sure a few are chewed off or something... its gotta be something where the rear gears meet the rear tire...

yea its deff commin from there, but im not to sure what it is. ill check it out tomorrow. its jus a PITA when your climin up a hill on a bike, with all your force going downward and bam it slips and you rack urself, lmfao

Ace Sixx
03-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Sounds to me like your rear derailleur needs adjustment or the derailleur hanger is bent.

forty
03-20-2007, 07:05 AM
^^^^what he said, sounds like some ghost shifting. Does it happen when you are pedaling really hard, like up a hill?

insaneracin2003
03-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by forty
^^^^what he said, sounds like some ghost shifting. Does it happen when you are pedaling really hard, like up a hill?
yeah,he just said he racked himself going uphill.....ouch.....i would check the splines

trxwannbe
03-20-2007, 03:48 PM
nah i can't remember whats it called but check the guide that aligns the chain to the sprockets if this is off it will cause what you descibed because the chain is actually jumping off the sprocket

400EXTRA
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
mie used to do it then i oiled it up and it quit