PDA

View Full Version : More QOTM's

Honda#4
03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I just had this idea from looking at this months QOTM, with all of the sick looking quads out there I really think there should be a QOTM for all of the basic quads on this forum just in there own catagory. I really do think more people would enter and get a chance at winning with there own machine rather than competing with a gorgeous looking 450R.
Example

400ex competing with other 400ex's instead of all of the 450's and everything else in between.

Can you mods take this into consideration please. If you have question about this please ask me and i'll explain more.

Ruby Soho
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
i agree.. theres no way anyone that DOESNT have a 450 or 400 thats fully built will really win..

Honda#4
03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
I know if people got at least 5 votes for an average quad on here I think that would boost there confindence up somewhat and they would get more into tricking them out more and more or to a point where it would make them satisfied.

Alot of people including myself are somewhat scared or hesatate to put there quad in cus of just knowing that it will lose to a high modded 450 or whatever the case maybe.

TheFontMaster
03-21-2007, 03:44 PM
There was someone that brought this up a while ago, and to do something where I can keep track of costs of everyones quads, and have a low budget QOTM would take more time that I have right now.

I do have every other month as an open month, and every other month I do a quad specific month.

I am also in the process of talking with Harlen about doing another quad builder of the year contest.

Honda#4
03-21-2007, 03:58 PM
What if you had someone help you out with it, then would you do it or not?

If it much trouble I'd help ya out if possible.

TheFontMaster
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll think about it. Thanks for the offer. I'll see what goes on with with builder of the year, and how my schedual goes. I got a job interview tomorrow, and on top of that I have my motor to build for my car too.

Honda#4
03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Take your time I know this ain't gonna happen tomorrow, good luck on the job interview though.

gotwarrior
03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I think a variety of different categorys would be great... maybe something like.... All Two Strokes.. OR Anything under 350 cc... or a larger variety of quad specific... Maybe that would give me a chance to enter into a QOTM that I wasn't affraid of getting beat up on from 450s and 400s.. Just something to kick around;)

Honda#4
03-21-2007, 09:49 PM
See, we already are getting positive feedback from people.

I guarantee that there will be atleast a 35% increase of entries for QOTM by doing this.

I'm thinking that I should make a poll on this.

Good thinking Gotwarrior, I like that idea too.

gotwarrior
03-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Good thinking Gotwarrior, I like that idea too.

I try to use my head somtimes...:D :D

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Last night I was thinking about the catagories for the quads, tell me what you think.

400's (all) or just the EX?
450r's (all) or everyone seperate
Hybrids
Raptors
Predators
Mini's
All 2 strokes
350's and below

Keep in mind that it has to be within reason.

What would you guys change?

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
i like the idea of mixing it up cuz not every body can throw down 20,000 in a quad i would like to see more guys working towards it rather than there there wallets working for it.

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Your so right on that one mach1stang, so off of the list I made how would you do it?

Guys give me your catagories like the one I made so we know what to do?

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 12:40 PM
i would do it 450 up to 449 down then minis.

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I forgot to add the Polaris Outlaw and there could be a foreign catgory for the ATK, Cannondale,Gas Gas and whatever.

I'm starting to think at all the 400's should be one along with the 450r's as one cus them are the two main big ones on here.
If we have those seperate then it's really gonna be a big puzzle.

Also if a 400 has a 440 kit that has to be considered a 450 being that it's to high for the 400 class.

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 01:14 PM
but you also have to remember that we cant have abunch of classes i think 450 up to what ever and 449 down should be two classes then mini cuz the raptors and outlaws fit in the 450 and up and a 400ex is in its own game with the suzukis and as for the 2 srokes they go into what ever class they fit.

troyleepred719
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
we can make our own on here

what if we do it unofficially, seeings how we can start posts and such..

like a PUT YOUR ENTRY HERE, than after its closed, make it into a poll, i mean, maybe we can get harlen to throw in like a haat or stickers or such to the winner.....

Id love to take over the Predator?outlaw section for this....

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
450cc's and up
449cc's and down (406,416,426,440,) included
Strickly 400's (all) Stock motors only!
350cc's and below
2 strokes
Hybrids
Mini's

Something like this.

I think we should have a 600 and up class to for the new Raptors?

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 01:40 PM
we can make our own on here

That's another thing we can do.

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
or how about this we get a list of classes and then we pick the best of the best out of them all and that will be the quad of the month.

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 02:18 PM
There's got to be some limitations and restrictions though otherwise we might as well go back to the norm.

What if we do some sort of quad vs quad thing? Just a wacky idea from my head.

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 02:23 PM
i dont know i think we should get some classes together and then get a quad from each month and then pick the one from the 3 or 4 classes and the one that is the best put together or best modifyed should be the winner like if you hasve a 250 ex with all 400ex suspension that is somthing that is out there and diffrent than anything else.

TheFontMaster
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
If you go and look back of all the quad specific QOTM's I have done...

400ex
450r
yfz450
350 and under sport class
I do a mini QOTM every year
hybrids
connondale/atk
any 450
ltr 450
250r
banshee
raptor
z/kfx/dvx400
and the list goes on.

Any sugestions that ya'll have I read, and most of them I will eventually go make a quad specific month for.

Also all of you, remember I run the contest here, I will listen to sugestions, but if it takes me a couple months to get to one of then don't act like I haven't listened to you, and go off and try to do some other QOTM contest on your own.

I have an open QOTM every other month. I do that so that everyone can enter, instead of waiting a year, or maybe longer until one comes along that their quad will fit into.

I've gotten a large response for a 3500cc sport class QOTM latley, so next month that is probably what I will do.

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Yea I'm liking that idea Mach1stang. How do we go about montoring this? just in case theres someone out there to toy with us.

Actually we could do a Best Build and a Best Modded so there is two ways of winning or two seperate quads that win, hows that.

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
ya i am not trying to tell how to run this but i think it should not be about who can bolt the best part up to somthing anybody could bolt stuff up but if you are putting 400 suspension on a 250 that is very unique to all but if you bolt a +2 arm on a 450r how interesting is that ya know what i mean.
what i am saying is this is the quad of the month not bolt ons of the month.

Scro
03-22-2007, 02:37 PM
chance at winning with there own machine rather than competing with a gorgeous looking 450R.

Isn't that what QOTM is all about? There is not really any pride in winning a QOTM, when the type of quad entered has so many restrictions.

And it's not all about money. There was an all stock 250r that had been rebuilt to perfection, and it ended up in 2nd I believe. i doubt there was half as much money in it than the quad that won. With a little time and know-how, any quad could look as clean as the next.

Not flaming, just throwing my thoughts out there.

TheFontMaster
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Isn't that what QOTM is all about? There is not really any pride in winning a QOTM, when the type of quad entered has so many restrictions.

And it's not all about money. There was an all stock 250r that had been rebuilt to perfection, and it ended up in 2nd I believe. i doubt there was half as much money in it than the quad that won. With a little time and know-how, any quad could look as clean as the next.

Not flaming, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Thank you.

How I run the contest now works for me. Harlen is happy with how I run it, and if he wasn't I would know about it.

I will not be going into any kind of multiple quads winning each month, I will say that now.

Also keep in mind it is not me deciding the winner. It is the people on this site. If they like a decked out 450r over a 250ex with some exotic custom work done to it, than that is who will win. Everybody has their own views on what should be considered a quad worthy of winning QOTM.

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
yes that is true but look at some of the recent QOTHM they are 20,000$ quads that anybody could build with money where as i said before if you take somthing and mix it up completly it has more taste.
no affence to anybody but you give a 5 year old 25,000$ and tools he could build anything that looks as good eveything else.

Scro
03-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by mach1stang
yes that is true but look at some of the recent QOTHM they are 20,000$ quads that anybody could build with money where as i said before if you take somthing and mix it up completly it has more taste.
no affence to anybody but you give a 5 year old 25,000$ and tools he could build anything that looks as good eveything else.

Not to sound rude, but if that's what it takes to win, then you need to start saving your money. This contest is about showing off your quad to the site, and getting their opinion about it. It's not about separating the classes, so that more people can get a Blingstar bumper or a QOTM title.

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
i am not saying we need to split them up to where we havea bunch of winners i am saying it would be kinda nice to see sombody win this that was on a budget but i dont know they run this show and i am not going to argue because this is a awsome site.

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Yea but on average no one is gonna vote for an all stock machine, like take my quad for example i've waited for so long to enter my quad (finally did) and it's somewhat stock but I know that i'm gonna lose to an all tricked out quad cus I can't afford to make mine pretty like everyone else.

I think instead of one person winning the QOTM by thereself I think we should have like a runner up and a Hornorable Mention quad also just so the focus just ain't on the quad that wins.

Take a race for example one person just doesn't win it's three people at once.

TheFontMaster
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I will agree with you to a point on that one.... To some degree it takes money to build something nice. But you also have to have a good sense of style to make it look good. It doesn't take much money to make it look good.

You don't need much money to take your quad apart, and start painting parts. It's not hard to do at all, and if you do it right even just using rattle can on it can turn out looking really nice, and won't break your budget.

On the other hand, the contest is primarily about the best looking quad wins. You can find a nicely set up quad for 2500-4 grand, sometimes even less than that. And what you are sounding like is that you only want these cheap, pretty much stock quads to win because they are the underdogs.

Yes they are the under dogs, so if you have one of those quads go out there and do something about it. You can go out and paint parts to make it look better, polish the aluminum parts. Clean it up really good.

All else fails, get a job. I worked my *** off to get my quad and build it. I started on it when I was 16, and finished it a year later. All the money I got from that was from selling my old quad, and getting a job to buy my parts. Most of the people with these lower budget quads are people that are within a couple years of how old I was when I started. So instead of complaining that the quads have too much money in them, go out and do something about it.

I will do a 350cc sport class QOTM again to cater to the people that have low budget quads, but remember there will still be people in that class that will have upwards of 10 grand in their quads.

To end this here is a picture of my quad. I got it running and riding after a year of working on it, the picture is about a year and a half after I started the build. The initial build had right around 4 grand into it, which I made myself working part time. In the picture there is another 500 dollars of plastics on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/fonty/Picture016.jpg?t=1174593833

TheFontMaster
03-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I think instead of one person winning the QOTM by thereself I think we should have like a runner up and a Hornorable Mention quad also just so the focus just ain't on the quad that wins.

Now that is something that might be worth looking into.

Honda#4
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

This is the only thing I want to see happen.

I don't know about everyone but I want stuff in life also like a wife and family and a house, so my main focus really isn't my quad it's just there to make me happy and something for me to work on.
I would love to stick my 9 grand in my quad but there is other things in life that should be more important than a quad..

mach1stang
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I will agree with you to a point on that one.... To some degree it takes money to build something nice. But you also have to have a good sense of style to make it look good. It doesn't take much money to make it look good.

You don't need much money to take your quad apart, and start painting parts. It's not hard to do at all, and if you do it right even just using rattle can on it can turn out looking really nice, and won't break your budget.

On the other hand, the contest is primarily about the best looking quad wins. You can find a nicely set up quad for 2500-4 grand, sometimes even less than that. And what you are sounding like is that you only want these cheap, pretty much stock quads to win because they are the underdogs.

Yes they are the under dogs, so if you have one of those quads go out there and do something about it. You can go out and paint parts to make it look better, polish the aluminum parts. Clean it up really good.

All else fails, get a job. I worked my *** off to get my quad and build it. I started on it when I was 16, and finished it a year later. All the money I got from that was from selling my old quad, and getting a job to buy my parts. Most of the people with these lower budget quads are people that are within a couple years of how old I was when I started. So instead of complaining that the quads have too much money in them, go out and do something about it.

I will do a 350cc sport class QOTM again to cater to the people that have low budget quads, but remember there will still be people in that class that will have upwards of 10 grand in their quads.

To end this here is a picture of my quad. I got it running and riding after a year of working on it, the picture is about a year and a half after I started the build. The initial build had right around 4 grand into it, which I made myself working part time. In the picture there is another 500 dollars of plastics on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/fonty/Picture016.jpg?t=1174593833

really i could not agree more but the underdogs are the ones that have nice looking quads and they bash the daylights out of them i am 15 years old righ tnow and i am saving up for a build and i may 21 by the time it looks as good as the quads of the month but i will show as much pride in it as possible because it is special to me i could care less if i one the QOTHM it would be cool but i dont build sissy trailor queens to win the quad of the month i build to show pride and ride.