PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with racing?

Macadoo355
03-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I live in mass so Im not sure how many are from around here but I turned 16 back in january so I can get into the four stroke c class I think its called. Im not looking to go hard core but I would like to get into it and if Im any good go from there. So if anyone has any sugestions on what Im about to get into or what Ill need or sites and phone numbers to call and get started would be great! Thanks Guys, Ryan

rollie
03-19-2007, 06:54 PM
NEATV-MX.COM is a great place to go thats the local series, the racing scene is pretty big up here, april 22nd is our first race at Walden, any other questions just ask

4TraxRider
03-19-2007, 07:34 PM
You can get all your cards at the first race you go to. Make sure you bring a lot of money though, it all adds up. You'll be hooked after your first race.

Rollie, have you raced at Walden or any of the district 34 tracks in NY?

Macadoo355
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
How much money are we lookin at roughly? And these cards your talking about, do you just show up and get them there? Could I go and watch the first few to get use to things then start or do you have to start from the very begining?

rollie
03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
You can get all your cards at the first race you go to. Make sure you bring a lot of money though, it all adds up. You'll be hooked after your first race.

Rollie, have you raced at Walden or any of the district 34 tracks in NY?

No i havent been to walden yet, im going to be going down on saturday to practice, from what i hear its an awsome track, i have been to Twister Valley is Fort Plain NY, idk if thats a d34 track but that tracks alot of fun, NEATV cards are also going to work at d34 races this season so theres a chance i might be at a few, im focusing most on NEATV though, and hopefully the WPSA at Etown

As far as the cost, hes right, the first time is going to cost you alot, ( usually around $100) but then after that and after you get used to what you need and buy the things you know your going to need, the cost goes WAY down, expect to pay about $65 bucks a track for entry and gate fee.

rollie
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Macadoo355
How much money are we lookin at roughly? And these cards your talking about, do you just show up and get them there? Could I go and watch the first few to get use to things then start or do you have to start from the very begining?

The cards are membership cards that last all year, Yes you can go to as many as you want to watch, it will cost you $10-15 to get in and you can watch all day long, i dont suggest buying a year membership the first day you race, you get get a day pass to decide if you like it or not, so you can only pay for that one day of racing, if you dont like it, no money was lost, if u love it ( you will) then you'll want to invest in a membership card which last all year as i said and is good at all the d34 races as well, a good track to try out racing on would be Capeway Rovers in middleboro MA

any other ?'s feel free to ask

Macadoo355
03-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks rollie, im going to go down and talk to justin gabriel, his brother jordan is in my grade, I have a feeling he will be able to put me in the right direction. How are the tracks for beginers? I jump but never anything huge, a few 10ft gaps in my yard but nothing huge. Am I going to be able to roll or go around the stuff I dont feel ok with? And my stock 400ex suspention probaly cant take to much of it anyways. Should I even bother with a basicly stock 400ex?

rollie
03-20-2007, 09:19 PM
sweet, Gabriel racing sponsors me and they will deffintly put you on the right track, justins a real cool guy, if you go there thursday, i might be there, haha

You can roll every jump on the track if you want, there are no jumps you HAVE to hit, and why not race the 400? its a good way to get your feet wet, race production C class

Macadoo355
03-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Ya I think it says 4-stroke production C-class 91-450cc, now I know it says 4 stroke in the name and this is prob a stupid question, but could my friend with his blaster race that class with me? Because I dident see anything at all for 2 strokes?

rollie
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
if your friend is under 16 he can race his blaster in Youth production

Macadoo355
03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
And if hes over 16?...:ermm: We were really trying to get in the same class if possible

JRP
03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Macadoo355
And if hes over 16?...:ermm: We were really trying to get in the same class if possible

uhh for here if your over 16 and on a blaster or 300(anything under 200cc's) i think you can race C. I know if your over 16 and race a blaster or 300 than you cannot race youth production, so u and your friend SHOULD be good

Macadoo355
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Im not sure if its the same rules in diffrent states? Maby?

rollie
03-21-2007, 07:46 PM
he will be able to race it in C class, unforchanitly, he will be way under powered though

Macadoo355
03-21-2007, 09:38 PM
As long as its the same class its ok, I have a feeling were both going to be underpowered compared to everyone else, but have to start somewhere.

4TraxRider
03-22-2007, 03:36 PM
The C class around here usually has a split gate also, so you and your friend might not be in the same moto each time. I've also seen the motos get split up so that one is way better than the other. This is all by chance, but it happens that way sometimes. HP doesn't mean as much as you think in C anyways. A lot of times there is a first turn pile up and blasters, mojave's etc end up top 3 going into the second turn because they were behind and went around. Look forward to seein you up at the track sometime.

Macadoo355
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Do yoy race around here or just new york? Letting everyone else crash and going around sounds good to me lol. I really am looking forward to trying southwick, have you ever been to that track?