PDA

View Full Version : Hello and a question about re-jetting

kilrfx
10-24-2001, 12:15 PM
Hey guys,

First off I want to say hello to everyone on this forum. I am new here and I hope to be here for a while. So here is my situation/question:

I just ordered a WB E-series, K&N filter, and Outerwear for my 300EX. My question is, do I need to re-jet my quad with these mods? I know I can get more performance out of changing my main jet but do I really need to do this. If so, what size main would you guys recommend I use. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brett

10-24-2001, 12:30 PM
Yes you will need to rejet your carb,,,not sure on the size jet,,it will be a larger jet I can tell you that,,but your bike will run like crap,,probably won't even run as good as a stocker,,but I'm sure somebody out here can give you an idea of a jet size. Oh and welcome aboard..:D

Red Rooster
10-24-2001, 03:24 PM
Try a #40 or 42 pilot jet (order both) Mainjet will vary more than that order#128 130, 132, and 135. I would think jetting advisory would come with your exaust. You can order jets most everywhere or from your honda dealer. I hope this helps you out!!

kilrfx
10-24-2001, 03:59 PM
I forgot to mention that it is only a slip on pipe. Will this change having to re-jet or not? If I do not re-jet will I have problems or will my quad just run like crap??? Thanks again guys.

Red Rooster
10-24-2001, 04:27 PM
You will still have too rejet (I figured you just were getting a slipon). Your bike will lose power, wont idle AND suck bigtime. I f you don't rejet your motor will also burn up and you will have to do a $300+ rebuild. Welcome to this rad website!!!:D :cool:

300eXTraILRyDeR
10-24-2001, 05:38 PM
I just picked my quad up today. The shop put the clip up on the needle and changed the main jett to a 128. I have k+n with no airbox lid and powroll full supertrapp with header. It runs good now with 14 disks.

400exRacerX
10-24-2001, 07:52 PM
I run open end cap with all the disks in just no spark arrestor. Your jetting size all depends on the altitude you are at, how thin or thick the air is, depending on how hot or cold it is and how humid it is. for good advice and tips go to the carb jetting FYI section 1.

kilrfx
10-25-2001, 09:26 AM
Okay, thanks guys. Now that I know I have to change my main jet, how hard is it to do? Do I have to take the carb off of the quad or can I change it on the quad? Will I have to take the carb off do I have to take apart the whole carb? Thanks again guys.

Red Rooster
10-25-2001, 10:14 AM
I don't think u will have to change the needle jet setting. I would go ahead and put the #42 pilot in then put the #132 main jet in. Do this by: 1st remove front plastic and gas tank. 2nd remove the carb (it's not necesary to remove the cable) 3rd get a can handy and remove the drain plug(the large hex head plug on the bottom of the carb. 4th if you look in through the drainhole you will see the mainjet. Take a metric nutdriver, unscrew it and screw in the new one(#132). 5th Now take the floatbowl off (that is the bottom of the carb). You will now see the pilot jet (it is the jet with the plastic collar around it); remove it and screw the #42 in. 6th carefully put it all back together. Hope this is clear enough for you. It isin't really very hard. mayby someone else can correct this if it aint perfect.

400exRacerX
10-25-2001, 11:48 AM
For jetting help go to, http://www.exriders.com/jetting/jetting.shtml and that is a great place to refer too, or just buy a service manuel.