PDA

View Full Version : Bad revlimiter

Caseys 300ex
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Well i finally got my 300ex together today. I went for a drive and i kept hitting my rev limit really early it felt as if i was driving in 1st gear the whole time. Whats going on?

KeHall
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
If I aint mistaken the rev limiter is in with the cdi u might want to have it checked out if u can

bwamos
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Caseys 300ex
Well i finally got my 300ex together today. I went for a drive and i kept hitting my rev limit really early it felt as if i was driving in 1st gear the whole time. Whats going on?

Behing the brake pedal there's a sheetmetal cover. Remove that. Then you'll see 2 wires plugged into the sidecase cover. One R one N. These are your neutral & reverse switch indicators. When the circuit is closed it thinks everything is normal. When open it thinks it's in R or N.

These connections need to be cleaned. Most likley the R wire is not making a perfect short and you're hitting your reverse limiter in forward.

It's bouncing hard, no? ;)

If you clean both of those good and it's still doing it, then you probably need to clean the connections in the big old wire harness plug above the coil on the frame.

Caseys 300ex
03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Behing the brake pedal there's a sheetmetal cover. Remove that. Then you'll see 2 wires plugged into the sidecase cover. One R one N. These are your neutral & reverse switch indicators. When the circuit is closed it thinks everything is normal. When open it thinks it's in R or N.

These connections need to be cleaned. Most likley the R wire is not making a perfect short and you're hitting your reverse limiter in forward.

It's bouncing hard, no? ;)

If you clean both of those good and it's still doing it, then you probably need to clean the connections in the big old wire harness plug above the coil on the frame.

Thank you so much i hope this works!