PDA

View Full Version : Bad revlimiter

Caseys 300ex
03-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Well i finally got my 300ex together today. I went for a drive and i kept kitting my rev limit really early it felt as if i was driving in 1st gear the whole time. Whats going on?

bwamos
03-21-2007, 08:55 AM
I thought I had posted to this already. Sorry if I didn't.

You need to clean your N & Rev switch wires coming from the connector underneath the sheetmetal guard behind the rear brake foot pedal.

If cleaning those connections doesn't fix it, you need to clean the big wire harness connector above the coil.

Easy check is to use a multimeter and make sure that when in a forward gear (not Rev or Neutral) that your 2 switch connectors on the bottom or the right sidecase cover are both grounded. ! ned on the wire, 1 on frame should give you a short. If you have any resistance it thinks your in Reverse and it's kicking in the Rev limiter when in a normal gear.

If you dont have a multimeter.. just use alligator clips and temporarily ground both of the wires on the CDI side of the main wire harness. Should not hit the rev limiter anymore.

modifyit
04-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok i'm having the same problem except i have remouved all of the revers wirering and gears (for mx racing) and have an after market (hetrick) rev box + edel.carb yosh. pipe and open air box. Do you think the rev.box is a defect? or the removal of the wires?

please help thanks

spent21
08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
i just posted this in another thread, but i'm wondering what you guys found out about your bikes.
i just built a 250x and it has the same issues.

Caseys 300ex
08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Well what i did was clean every single wire i had on the bike, cleaned out my carb, adjusted my air fuel mixture and everything was normal. iT just worked its self out. :confused: