PDA

View Full Version : How good is it?

yfzrider73
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I have a YFZ 450 and I was wondering if anyone has put a 15 tooth front sprocket on it. If so does it still have that great bottom end but still help the top out.

THANKS A LOT

Bill Fuller
03-19-2007, 03:54 PM
It would loose bottom end tourqe.

ChrisSekerak
03-19-2007, 04:20 PM
the yfz has NO bottom end power what so ever in my opinion, but when the mid to top hits it's awesome....my 05' was very fast, it just needed a lot more low end.

yfz450rida
03-19-2007, 11:03 PM
go back to your office! everybody we have a comedian!! LMAO

aaron913
03-19-2007, 11:24 PM
gotta be better than a banshees low end right? im thinking about getting a 450 for the woods over my banshee

250r4life
03-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by yfz450rida
go back to your office! everybody we have a comedian!! LMAO

why do you say that- he is right... the yfz is a top end machine and likes to be revved- it doesnt like to go slow...

KB Motorsports
03-20-2007, 12:35 AM
I think gearing up will help you out actually.. It will prevent the rear tires spinning as easily. If you dont like the change you can always go back to stock. The YFZ has all kinds of bottom end it pulls like no other.. If your bike is stalling rejet... They come really lean from the factory.

Glenyzracer25
03-20-2007, 12:39 AM
i also think the yfz has very little low-end power, it has a killer mid and top end though. if you think a yfz has low end go ride a raptor. they have a ton of low end.

hoser 400ex
03-20-2007, 01:50 AM
something obviously wrong with your guys yfz. mine has AWESOME bottom end. rip your arms off torque(of course it helps that its a fully built motor:D )

but as far as the 15 tooth front, i have one on mine and love it. less wheel spin, less shifting. more speed.

missmyyfz
03-20-2007, 02:26 AM
idk bout you guys but my stock 05 would take a stock 660 raptor and stock predator off the line and im a 200+ pound guy

250r4life
03-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by missmyyfz
idk bout you guys but my stock 05 would take a stock 660 raptor and stock predator off the line and im a 200+ pound guy

i think that is where a lot of you guys get confused... just cuz it gets out of the hole quicker doesnt mean it has more bottom end... you also are revving it it quite a bit and getting it up in the rpms to do it...

try putting around with a yfz- it sucks... try taking a hill a gear too high, or even two... then try that on a raptor... you will see what torque and bottom end is...

aaron913
03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
soo, if im lookin for a woods machine, for hills that arent straight where speed wont get you up, a 450 is still better than a banshee in that area right?

yfz450rida
03-20-2007, 12:26 PM
try riding a yfz set up for woods and you can ride a gear or two high. very good example Bill Balance your tell me that the yfz have dominated the woods since they released and its all thanks to the mean top end...in the woods now i can LMAO at you.. the yfz has bottom end power. you dont have to rev the piss out of them you just need to know how to ride one. If you want bottom end from your machine set it up accordingly if you want top end you know what to do. learn to ride. Nobody is confused but you and your un baffle yfz. he just stated that his machine beats a raptor. It all comes down to rider skill and machine setup you can make a yfz run however you like it, same goies for any other machine. Now that does mean you'll do good cause the guy next to you may have a better setup, a little more motor or better rider. Seat time make you good not 60hp and a wicked bottom end.

250r4life
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by aaron913
soo, if im lookin for a woods machine, for hills that arent straight where speed wont get you up, a 450 is still better than a banshee in that area right?

anything has more bottom end than a banshee

250r4life
03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
try riding a yfz set up for woods and you can ride a gear or two high. very good example Bill Balance your tell me that the yfz have dominated the woods since they released and its all thanks to the mean top end...in the woods now i can LMAO at you.. the yfz has bottom end power. you dont have to rev the piss out of them you just need to know how to ride one. If you want bottom end from your machine set it up accordingly if you want top end you know what to do. learn to ride. Nobody is confused but you and your un baffle yfz. he just stated that his machine beats a raptor. It all comes down to rider skill and machine setup you can make a yfz run however you like it, same goies for any other machine. Now that does mean you'll do good cause the guy next to you may have a better setup, a little more motor or better rider. Seat time make you good not 60hp and a wicked bottom end.

were you born stupid or was it an acquired attribute?

of course you can set up anything to do pretty much anything... but stock theyre not set up for bottom end...

i love how you use bill balance for an example...

"oh yah... if you use nike air jordans, it will make you have a ridiculous vertical and dominate the game... look at michael jordan- he used them and look what he did in them"

youre out of your league kid...

yfz450rida
03-21-2007, 12:19 PM
i would take a stock yfz for wood the any other amchine for the reason that they have awsome bottom and plenty of over rev. Now if you think your "uncorked" LMAO with out a baffle and ohh"Oury grip" look out doesn't have enough bottom end then you should find yourself a new machine, a quit tickering around a a dinosaur 250r. You way out of your league little BOY!

trxsandman
03-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm not here to beat up on anyone, but the last two comments help nobody. I think the guy who started the thread is looking for some help on wether or not to put a 15 tooth front sprocket. The only way he is really gonna find out if it works for him is to try it. Building his motor or removing the baffle has nothing to do with what he is asking. If he is stock and puts a 15 tooth front sprocket on what will happen??? Thats what he wants to know. All I can state is the obvious. I don't know what kind of rider he is or if he really even has a YFZ, but I do know the only way he will really know is by trying it out. Its not a matter of top or bottom end power cause the YFZ is a pretty well ballanced bike. I can put my YFZ in 1st or 2nd and climb just about any hill, or I can grab 5th and haul butt in a drag race. No matter what the circumstance is my YFZ puts a smile on my face...

aaron913
03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Yea, a larger front sprocket gears the machine up, u loose acceleration but gain speed. You will go a tiny bit faster in each of the gears but will take longer to wind them out. Same way with a smaller gear, you will accelerate more quickly but you will be finished with the gear faster but may not be moving so fast, so your shifting quicker also.

troutman561
03-21-2007, 04:46 PM
i would take a stock yfz for wood the any other amchine for the reason that they have awsome bottom and plenty of over rev. Now if you think your "uncorked" LMAO with out a baffle and ohh"Oury grip" look out doesn't have enough bottom end then you should find yourself a new machine, a quit tickering around a a dinosaur 250r. You way out of your league little BOY!

Whats funny is that dinosaur probably has as much or more HP than you race bike... and it has the oury grips which yours does not.....

250r4life
03-21-2007, 05:59 PM

i dunno know if you were born with it or acquired it a long the way, but either way your stupidity is abundant...

raptor brothers
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
250r4life,I usually ignore all your posts,but man don't you ever get sick of downing people.Back when we were going at it they warned you.I can't believe your still on here!I bet there are so many people on here that would love to meet you in person.Were all atv people show some @$%^&& respect!

250r4life
03-21-2007, 11:07 PM
i will admit that i can be a punk on this site... a lot of the time i am antagonized though...

did you read this whole post?

if you'll notice i simply backed up the original poster as yfz450rida was trying to clown on him... and then he began talking shiz to me... i didnt say anything rude or didnt down anybody until he started talking shiz to me... is that not correct?

ps- beleive me i would love to meet the people on here too...

old-XC-guy
03-22-2007, 08:54 AM
My 2 cents on this ... My bike is built and was running a 15 tooth. Bike made alot of power . But I ride the woods and alot of hills. I killed three clutches , and finally went back to a 14. Dont know about the bike...But Im a faster rider with the 14 , I really dont care about the drag race and Im sure it takes some top end away. But bottom line to me is how you ride your bike , what your skills and style are. If you slide around every tree and spin the crap out of your tires by always being in the gas a 15 will work fine. If you slow down for hard areas or climb alot of hills I would go with the 14. I think the bike stock or not can handle both. Heck their cheep just buy one and try it..

yfzrider73
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
I got a 15 tooth front sprocket and i like it. It helps the top end out a lot. Also i really smoke my friends TRX450R in a 500 ft. drag race

THANKS A LOT