PDA

View Full Version : UNI filter CVT filter doesnt fit!! please help!!

benbuilt4u
03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
the uni filter CVT filter doesnt fit for crap has anyone got this thing to work i called UNI and the guy gave me tips but theres no way it stays on the way he desribed. i tried his method and tried my own i just dont see how you clamp a large round hole to a much smaller square hole!!!! its crazy please someone shed some light on this!!

HNDARDR
03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by benbuilt4u
the uni filter CVT filter doesnt fit for crap has anyone got this thing to work i called UNI and the guy gave me tips but theres no way it stays on the way he desribed. i tried his method and tried my own i just dont see how you clamp a large round hole to a much smaller square hole!!!! its crazy please someone shed some light on this!!

I ORDERED A BLACK RHINO CVT K&N FILTER FROM CYCLE GEAR AND IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE. SEND THAT UNI BACK...:)

Merriman
03-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I am not sure about the uni filter, I know my cousin has one of those types and it does not fit worth a damn. I also bought the Black Rhino CVT filter that looks like a K&N filter with an outerwear to cover it. I also took the CVT filter hose off and completely sealed it with the high-temp RTV silicone you can get at any parts store. Also after I installed the filter I ran a bead of silicone around the edge of it where it connects and that has helped a huge amount. I've compared my tube with others, and they still get fine silt in theirs while I have nothing in mine.

HNDARDR
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Merriman
I am not sure about the uni filter, I know my cousin has one of those types and it does not fit worth a damn. I also bought the Black Rhino CVT filter that looks like a K&N filter with an outerwear to cover it. I also took the CVT filter hose off and completely sealed it with the high-temp RTV silicone you can get at any parts store. Also after I installed the filter I ran a bead of silicone around the edge of it where it connects and that has helped a huge amount. I've compared my tube with others, and they still get fine silt in theirs while I have nothing in mine.

JUST WONDERING DID YOUR CVT FILTER COME WITH THE OUTER WEAR OR DID YOU ORDER THAT SEPERATE? AND YOU SEALED IT WITH SILICONE, YOU JUST TOOK THE HOSE OFF THE ENGINE AND SEALED IT THEN INSTALLED IT BACK ON.

Merriman
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
I ordered the outerwear seperately and yes I sealed every joint on that plastic tube for the CVT filter.