PDA

View Full Version : What a way to start the week...

Scro
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
It all started yesterday at the Mid-south harescramble. I wake up at 5:00 in the morning to travel 3 1/2 hours to Nashville. Upon starting the race, my front sprocket decides it wants to lose all its teeth in the middle of the first lap - ending my day. So, I wasted a whole day of driving, when I could have been home working on the umpteen dozen projects I have in school.

Today, I go to class as usual. Everybody else that is graduating this semester is reading this letter that they received stating that they were on schedule for graduation. Well, I was scheduled to graduate, why didn't I get a letter?

I go to the registrar's office to find out what was going on, and they tell me I lack 8 hours to graduate. At this point, I'm pissed - as I have already got a job in the bag, who thinks I graduate in May.

The thing is I sent in my application for graduation 2 semesters prior to graduation, just like they asked me to. When they received it, they realized that I was 8 hours short but said nothing about it to me or my advisor...which is going to cost me another summer in school. I could have been taking those classes this semester.

That's my sob story. And for all you kiddies out there, be sure to check your hours before you plan on graduating.:mad:

Just had to get it off my chest, sorry for the long read.

hawaiikfx400
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
that sucks a#$ what kinda job?

400EXTRA
03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
that does suck

Pappy
03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
damn dustin, that blows:grr:

03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
8 hours? thats it? thats a whole day of school...how hard is that to make up?

NacsMXer
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Man that does suck, sorry to hear about all the bad luck :ermm: On the bright side be happy you can complete your classes in the summer. I am a senior at Marquette and my advisor put me on a completely wacked out track. At this point, I only need 2 more classes (7 hours) in my major but they are only offered in the spring. I am taking a full load right now, so the university won't let me take them this spring...I have to wait till spring 08' :mad: So instead of wasting my time, I am completing a minor between now and then so at least something positive can come out of this :p

400EXtreme
03-19-2007, 04:11 PM
damn man well if it makes u feel any better i had a bad day to.

Scro
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by hawaiikfx400
that sucks a#$ what kinda job?

The company is Intergraph, which creates maps for the military to use overseas (in a nutshell). The division I applied for is called Map Finishing, meaning I will be the one putting the finishing touches on maps and putting the data into a usable format.

I've already told them that I graduate in May. I'm not sure how they are going to take it, but hopefully they won't chalk it up against me.

derekhonda
03-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
8 hours? thats it? thats a whole day of school...how hard is that to make up?

8 hours a week, for a semester.

I just found out the same thing basically. I am a junior and thought I was on track to graduate with a double major in four years. I have been working so hard on getting all my "major specific" courses finished, I have neglected all my freshmen and sophomore year general educations. Now I have to stay here this summer and take my psychology 101, geography 100, etc. just all these bull**** classes. <--not happy.

Scro
03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, I just found out there may be an easy way out of it. Instead of actually taking classes, I may be able to use this job as an "internship" through the summer, which would count as 6 hours. And then, also do some sort of research project to give me the other 2 hours.

The only thing is I will probable have settle with a lower starting payrate, and then get a pay raise once I get my "official diploma"...it's still a bunch of BS.