PDA

View Full Version : Quit Smoking

WhiteZrider
03-19-2007, 08:52 AM
My mom and dad recently quit smoking, and they say when you quit smoking, you can start eating? And gain alot of weight. Well my dad gained. But the only thing my mom gained was an additude(sp?) Shes always angry. And she does that"uhh" at everything. And yells at the stupidest things.

Just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

54warrior
03-19-2007, 09:11 AM
UUUUHHHHHHHHH

Stevie-D
03-19-2007, 09:49 AM
im going on 4 days smoke free. i was averaging around a pack a day, sometimes more on a bad day.

it's what you make of it. ive been smoking for about 2 years, and i am having no symptoms of withdraw, im not cranky.

i think its more of a mental addiction than it is a physical addiction. if you tell yourself in your mind that you are done, and dont allow yourself to smoke, then you will quit

ATV Chic
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
^^^^ What he said. I smoked for 11 years and kept a positive attiude when i quit last year, and made myself not be cranky lol. Give it about 3 weeks and she'll be back to normal :D

csimp3
03-19-2007, 02:15 PM
word, its all about having a positive additude, and wanting to quit, also, i dont know if it will help, but give your mom a goal, something to look forward to. when i quit it was cold turkey, and i was at like 2 1/2 packs a day, but my positive influence was i got a new dirtbike, my dad loaned me about a grand that i was short on paying for it, i had to pay him back, but the only way i could borrow it was if i quit smoking, and we also had a deal, that if i started again, that i would have to pay him back 3x the amount i borrowed, now im only 3 months away from being smoke-free for two years. it helps alot, just gives you something to look forward to, and something to keep your mind off of smoking

MX MaNiAc 06
03-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I used to smoke and i was furious when i was hurting for a smoke. Whenever i couldnt afford a pack one day i was all pissed off and realized i hated smoking. So i went about a week of freaking on everybody for every little thing.

rmz250
03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Shes probbly going through menopause.

y3llow400ex
03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
the wife talked me into stopping like a year ago, and it enden up lasting for around 6 months. i was a dick all the time and gained like 15lbs from eating all the time.

NacsMXer
03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
My mom and dad recently quit smoking, and they say when you quit smoking, you can start eating? And gain alot of weight. Well my dad gained. But the only thing my mom gained was an additude(sp?) Shes always angry. And she does that"uhh" at everything. And yells at the stupidest things.

Just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

Sucks that you have to deal with that crap because of her self-centered habit. Why is she angry all the time??...withdrawal symptoms. Nicotine is a drug that binds to nicotinic (cholinergic) receptors in your brain. When bound to these receptors, the neurotransmitters aceytlcholine and serotonin are released, giving the user the satisfaction they crave.

Do that every day for x amount of years and your brain will start to depend on it for normal functioning. You take away that drug, and everything gets thrown out of wack/imbalanced....hence the withdrawal symptoms.

That's great that your parents quit, but if people only knew what they were really subjecting themselves/others to...why even start?

Ralph
03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
Shes probbly going through menopause.

:eek2: