PDA

View Full Version : my blaster bogging after mods?

lukesyfs200
03-19-2007, 06:02 AM
I installed a k&n air filter, dynojet stage 1 jet kit, and a v-force reed valve, and also installed all the new gaskets that come with the reed valve. But last night I got it outside and started it, it runs 1000 times better but the engine bogs every so often when your in first gear sometimes or if you shift up to early it bogs. do you guys think I need to adjust something in the carb? I also have this video here of what it sounds like when im riding, if you cant notice, the bogging happens at 02-04 seconds. here is the video: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/lukesxr80/th_blaster001.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/lukesxr80/?action=view&current=blaster001.flv)

firefighterjosh
03-19-2007, 06:14 AM
video aint working....but sounds like maybe the pilot is too rich or lean. I would try adjusting it.

newnick
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
If it's bogging your to lean. Sounds like you should try and lower the clip one notch on the needle and see if that helps.
If you make one adjustment at a time and ride it afterwords you'll get a feel for it.

lukesyfs200
03-19-2007, 02:24 PM
i dont know if i installed the needle jet right, do you guys know where i could find pics of how it is supposed to look?

newnick
03-19-2007, 03:10 PM
If it's a stock carb go to the yamaha website or another site that sells stock parts. You can look at the diagrams or exploded veiws and that should help.

lukesyfs200
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
i think we did that right.., is there any other adjustments that could be made to the carb?

theblasterkid
04-01-2007, 09:20 AM
you can try adjusting the air/fuel ratio screw a half a turn at a time while your riding it

lukesyfs200
04-01-2007, 09:40 AM
ya thats what i did on friday and it runs great now:)

seth65
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
you should either drop the needle down one or put in a smaller jet.

GOTFEAR
07-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Try your OEM filter if it rides better thats telling you that you need to up the main and rais the needal one position.

[R]iders!KB
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
if ur still boggin check the air screw it could be catchin to much or not enough air. if not tht then maybe its to lean. if not tht then maybe u messed up puttin the reeds in some how...

leasureryan
03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
installing a jet kit means jack squat if you don't know what you are doimg. What was your stock/previous jet size before any mods? The reeds won't make too much differance, but the air filter will IF IF IF you removed the airbox lid and left it off. With just those 2 simple mods, and everything else stock, I don't see why you would need to go any larger than 3 main jet sizes. Sometimes reeds will make the pilot jet run rich and the main lean.. If all stock, and just a filter and reeds, I would go up to a 270 main to start, and work down. I highly highly doubt you installed the reed incorrectly. Thats is very easy, kinda hard to goof up if you just read the directions. If you have a full exhaust, bored 1st over, etc, then you need to be up into the 300-310 main range.

JUST DON"T RUN TO LEAN!!!. Put the biggest jet you have in it first, and work down. To rich = no harm no foul.....to lean = SEIZE!!!!!

Chop your plug. if it bogs out after 3/4 throtle at all, you need a bigger main. Never hurts to bump the pilot to a 35 from the stock 32.5.

woodsracer144
03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
mine does that now too but i need a new clutch now but i also feather my clutch alot, way more than what i should and i dont notice it much but when i play on ice with im slidein i notice it.

i put in a set of boysen reeds and theres more power but not much. if i have a full exhaust it would be much more, i think your jetting i way off do what ^^^ he said, im ridin really rich, but im also runn ams racin oil made fore 50-1 at 38-1 on a motor bored .040 over with stock gearing and tires and every thing stock but the piston and reeds and the filters a cheap yamaha one.

i have to change my plug every 8 to 10 weeks it seems depending on how much i ride, but i rebuilt my motor in the fall of 06 and i bet you i have almost 100 hrs on it because i would ride it every day to my buddys and its half hour ride in the woods there but i wasnt hammerin on it eather,

hope you find the prob.

ngarbe561
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by newnick
If it's bogging your to lean. Sounds like you should try and lower the clip one notch on the needle and see if that helps.
If you make one adjustment at a time and ride it afterwords you'll get a feel for it.

if it bogs it means ut ot rich not lean

newnick
10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
It depends on the meaning of bog.
If it's to rich I use the word blubber, if it's to lean and just falls on it's face I say bog. I could be wrong in the way I refer to the two.