PDA

View Full Version : Best Mini Quad for Dunes

Kamman2000
03-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Currently my son has a rather beat up LT80. His riding is primarily the dunes and for the most part, has is a natural when it comes to anything involving the off-road scene. Id like to upgrade him to something newer and a bit faster to tackle the bigger sand hills since he is always wanting to follow me. What are some of your guys experience with mini atvs for duning. WHich ones seem to allow more room for build up. More likely to be able to turn into a typical duner bike. Thanks for any help you can lend. I see alot of hopped up minis (kaseas, TRX, etc), I like the idea of getting one that has the ability to lengthen the ride out, and widen in out. This is just for duning and pretty much he wants something with some balls to try and tackel the bigger dunes, and attempt at some smaller tree shots and what not.

Thanks again.

TTracer#22
03-19-2007, 08:06 AM
My son rides a Kasea 90 with 54 Bore 45 Stroke It also has A Arms, Axle, and shocks. He rides it to the top of comp. hill at Dumont with no problem 7yr old 55lbs. Hope this helps

TTracer#22
03-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Here's a pic

LT80
03-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I have alot of motors going up olds.
The LT80 is an excellent duner.IMO, I'd keep the machine and get the motor your kid needs. :)

markvette
03-19-2007, 11:22 PM
i have a 05 eton for sale with a 110cc stroker. my son raced it mx but all you would need is paddles. it already has wider a-arms, wider axle, plus 2 swing arm and works shocks. build cost on this quad would be about $7000, i am asking $2500.

Mark

Kamman2000
03-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Can someone explain what the difference if any there is from the Eton and the Kasea motors, and or handling. (suspension, brakes).

Back in 01 we bought an eton 50 for my daughter, she quickly grew out of it, within months. It didnt have the power to take her in the sand, so we went to trade it in for something bigger, and we couldnt find one dealership wanting to take it for a trade. Every dealership we contacted, told how they didnt want to deal with eton and the problems they have. This even came from the dealership that we bought the bike from. That kinda made us mad, so we no longer do business with them. So Im sure since that time alot has been done to the etons and kaseas, im still just a bit gun shy jumping into something thats other than the typical name of honda, suzuki, etc. Ive been doing alot of reading on this forum between the two bikes, and i dont have the money to get into the cobras. I would keep the LT80, but I dont have the time to build up a motor and all, since im in the military and always deployed. It would be nice if I could find a complete ready to race built motor for the lt80 and then i may go that way. WHo knows, but if anyone could talk about differences between the kasea and eton id greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

TEXWS6
03-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Kamman2000
Can someone explain what the difference if any there is from the Eton and the Kasea motors, and or handling. (suspension, brakes).

Back in 01 we bought an eton 50 for my daughter, she quickly grew out of it, within months. It didnt have the power to take her in the sand, so we went to trade it in for something bigger, and we couldnt find one dealership wanting to take it for a trade. Every dealership we contacted, told how they didnt want to deal with eton and the problems they have. This even came from the dealership that we bought the bike from. That kinda made us mad, so we no longer do business with them. So Im sure since that time alot has been done to the etons and kaseas, im still just a bit gun shy jumping into something thats other than the typical name of honda, suzuki, etc. Ive been doing alot of reading on this forum between the two bikes, and i dont have the money to get into the cobras. I would keep the LT80, but I dont have the time to build up a motor and all, since im in the military and always deployed. It would be nice if I could find a complete ready to race built motor for the lt80 and then i may go that way. WHo knows, but if anyone could talk about differences between the kasea and eton id greatly appreciate it. Thanks. .

I was in your shoes about two months ago. I have an LT80 that has works shocks, spacers on all wheels, and all the other goodies. I was looking to do something more to the bike so it would dune better, and my daughter wanted to start racing mx. After looking around the LT80 really didn't make sense to pour more money into. The parts are more expensive, plan on replacing a motor if your kid is gonna do some serious jumping (motor is swingarm).

Or you can look at the newer two strokes on the market. I bought an Apex and have enjoyed it ever since. for 3200$ i got a dual a arm long travel bike that would smoke a stock LT80 through any condition. The motors in all these bikes are so cheap along with the parts was another plus.

On the safety side, it's already paid off. We were racing at Oakhill in Tx, and she took a 30' double, didn't land right, but the bike soaked the landing up GREAT! If it would have been the LT80, i think we would have been in the hospital that day! Just my .02$

Kelly

brokenbones
03-20-2007, 07:27 PM
i see you live in washington i live in seattle most of the time and my 5 year old rips a kasea 90 any were i go down at the oregon coast it has plus 3 a arms, longer swingarm and axle and only a mild build on the motor he is only 50 lbs but my buddys son who is 9 rides it to its full potential and kicks it hard even against some blaster in the sand whoops

i will be at the coast for spring break or you can look at hetricks racing and see some built ones just like my sons he just doesnt have the stroker motors yet

just my 2 cents