PDA

View Full Version : warrior Carb

Boduke@KY
03-18-2007, 11:23 PM
ok so heres the deal. i just finished my total rebuild on my 89 warrior. everything works fine accept for the carb. it is the old carb with the 2 throttle cables which is a poor design anyways, but when i tromp on the gas it boggs down like it is running way lean but idles fine. and when you push the throttle in half way it runs fine too? i know for a fact i am missing a main jet washer. could someone help me out?

gotwarrior
03-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I didn't know that the older ones hand a different carb:confused: .. But do you think that you can update it to the new style carb and just by a throttle??? It don't know if it would work or not.. the only thing is it would have to match up with intake and the air box... Just something to think about..;)

54warrior
03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I too, was skeptical about this 2 cable setup so I looked up the microfiche and sure enough, it is. I guess you learn something every day. What do the two ends hook up to? I'm sure leaving one of them unhooked and using a "normal" cable is not an option. Not very knowledgabe when it comes to carbs here. I'm sure someone can help you out though. Try posting in one of the more frequented forums. This warrior one can be kinda stagnant.

http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Yamaha/1989/ATVs/312_handlebarcable.gif

warriortamer
04-07-2007, 09:49 PM
You can convert it but you will need the later model carb and throttle cable. I did this on a friends 88 Warrior. The carb parts are actually different and the earlier carbs are hard to find and expensive when you do find them.