PDA

View Full Version : Frame PC Quetion

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
From what I have been readin frame problems are coming up on the king quads:( Even normal riders are breaking them occasionally. I heard Jayme broke his frame too:scary:

Anyways I may be buying a new frame this winter.

Wondering if you could do the gusseting and a price quote for a PC job in just normal colors. (red, black, green nothing special)

I need to do some more research to figure out exactly where they are breaking I belive the pic below shows most.

The purple is where they are breaking. the black is what suzuki upgraded but it wasn't on the pic

Pappy
03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
the only thing i can forsee as a problem, is trying to gusset a frame that I am unfamiliar with. (i.e. it sure sucks to weld in a gusset that interferes with something)

to pc it is $200, to gusset it would eaily run another $200 and each gusset would have to be cut out as there are no kits that i am aware of for this model.

shipping could be a huge issue as well, the measurments of that UTE frame would place it out fo range for standard methods and require frieght shipment

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 10:34 PM
My dad is a great welder (ust to do it full time) so i know he could do it for me. Wasn't sure if you have done it before though. I can take care of that one.

I was afraid the shipping would be outrageous. I looked at Dave400ex quad today and I love the PC you do so you are my first choice.

I will get ahold of you if I need it powdered...Just sending a frame might not be worth the money but Maybe I will send out alot of parts and come pick them up when your done. I will get with you.