PDA

View Full Version : fuse assembly

xwarriorx
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
so my quad was not starting and i looked and where the fuse assembly should be there was nothing so i bought a new one but i dont see how it is suppose to hook up so if someone can send me pics of the fuse assembly or help me out in any way it be great

gotwarrior
03-19-2007, 10:13 AM
which assembly are you talking about?? I can get you a picture if you give me a little info..

54warrior
03-19-2007, 10:47 AM
The fuse is/should be located under the LR fender, below the 2 solenoids. I've never heard of the fuse blowing on it's own free will before, only operator induced failures!! You should be able to find an inline type of fuse at the local autoparts store to splice in there. If you have a schematic, you should be able to figure out where it goes. You may have to cut/splice it back together. Make sure you use lots of solder and waterproof it well.

If I understand you correctly, you purchased part #31 in the image below. If so, it should be obvious how/why this is missing. I'm having troubles picturing it exactly myself and my quad is 250 miles away or I'd take a picture for you.

http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Yamaha/2001/ATVs/1011_electrical1.gif

54warrior
03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Here is a modified image from gotwarriors picture in one of the other threads:

gotwarrior
03-19-2007, 11:09 AM
^^^^^^nice work...:D Yeah Now I know what he's talking about.. that broke on me when I was ridding a while back so I just took the fuse out and wired it up direct.. hasn't faild me yet..

54warrior
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Ummm, you guys do know there is a spare fuse on the machine right? And they are only $2 for a new fuse. Not worth the risk of some type of electrical failure by bypassing a $2 component.

I blew my fuse once while trying to hotwire my quad after losing my key while registering for a poker run 100 miles from home. Luckily got it on the second try or I would have been left sitting for the day.

xwarriorx
03-19-2007, 03:54 PM
ok wow did i not word it right i have the fuse assembly i know where it is at and where it belongs what i cant find is how it wires up what to where.

54warrior
03-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't have my manual with me since I've moved. Without a schematic or having another quad there to look I can't be of much help. You should just buy a Clymer manual that way you have one. It will come in handy, guaranteed!

xwarriorx
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
yea i have one but all the pictures are so close up on the part there is no like picture of the hook ups just the part. if someone with a warrior could just take some pictures of the assembly and where it wires too that be great.

54warrior
03-20-2007, 02:59 PM
There are electrical schematics in the back of the clymer manual. You should be able to use that to determine what goes where. Do you know how to read the schematics?