aaron913
03-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Long story short :
Saterday went riding, fine, sunday fine, monday didnt do anything
Tuesday i took plastics off and cleaned it up nice to get some pictures
wednesday cleaned some more
Thursday put it back together
Snowed friday, got new tires mounted and some new bearings installed

Start it up friday, warms up, i go riding up the road and its acting kinda wierd, like very choppy power curve almost, wasnt sure if i was just losing traction and then hooking up i dunno.

Let my one friend ride it, he goes ripping on it, comes back and it stalls out in the driveway, so he took the plugs out to look at em and stuff, i was riding my other quad. He got it running again, rips down the road and then goes silent. I went after him and he said the header came off and he couldnt start it.

Brought it back down and the plugs were unscrewed like a little more than half way (idiot prolly didnt tighten them)
and its leaking gas like crazy thru the float overflow lines or breathers or whatever.

It would start but wouldnt rev, you know if you kick it with the throtle open you can hear more engine noise thru the carb, well id give it maybe 3/4 throttle and it wouldnt rev up just fire like almost as slow at once ever second.

from there, tried bump starting by being pulled down the road, same deal, would start kinda, but wont stay running or rev, sometimes it would but very rarely

New plugs, cant even start it, i had a little sputter and thats it

My other friend (auto tech) took the carbs apart and adjust floats and what not, did factory needle settings and what not, this was at like 11pm the night beforei left for college so i didnt get to try to start it, but it still leaked gas

Any clues? lol

KeHall
03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
If it was dumping a lot of gas u might want to check the motor it might have gas in it i had a qaudraver i left the gas on and filled the motor up and did about the same thing your shee is doing

robjohn74
03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
is it stock...if it is still leaking gas it has to do with your carbs.

aaron913
03-19-2007, 08:41 AM
motor wise, it has stock carbs, pro design jets and then bolt ons its got a boost bottle, pro design intake, fmf fatty exhaust. The plugs are soaked when i take them out.

Took the carbs off, nothing leaked out backwards or anything, rebuilt carbs put em on , turned gas on and they still leaked without turning motor over

KeHall
03-19-2007, 11:31 AM
If it leaked out the bottom there a 2 screws 1 for each carb on the bottom of the bowls make sure they r tight they let fuel flow into the bowls for the first time

robjohn74
03-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by aaron913
motor wise, it has stock carbs, pro design jets and then bolt ons its got a boost bottle, pro design intake, fmf fatty exhaust. The plugs are soaked when i take them out.

Took the carbs off, nothing leaked out backwards or anything, rebuilt carbs put em on , turned gas on and they still leaked without turning motor over

where out of the carbs did it leak ...i am sorry but it has to be the carbs ..because if you clean your carbs and then you put them back on and then turn the gas on with out starting it and gas comes out it has to be the carbs because with out it runing there is no way that the gas is going to the motor so it has to be the carbs .......

aaron913
03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Inside the float theres that tube that goes up from the bottom, i guess for overflow, and then towards the back, theres the fuel tubing that runs out down behind the motor near the swing arm. It drips out of there like once every 5 seconds.... more than it EVER used to, usually it only dripped after full throttle up the driveway or something then to a complete stop.

I had the entire thing apart, well i left the needle and slider attached and took apart the floats, theyre free moving and cleaned out the carb housing and stuff, wasnt gummy or anything.

The gas i had is from xmas/winter break but i doubt thats the reason :o, i hope its not LOL i mix with super M 32:1 sometimes 40:1 if im low on oil

KeHall
03-19-2007, 09:39 PM
if it is dripping out that hose then u need to tightn up the sfrew were it meets the carb take the screw out clean real good then put it back in

TXATVRIDER
04-02-2007, 02:36 AM
I had that same problem last week when we all went riding. Ran fine for 30 mins then starting running crappy like it was bogging down. Looked at the gas and had the color of Dr Pepper, drained it, put new plugs, ran like a champ. But it sounds like you have a carb problem.

TXATVRIDER
04-02-2007, 02:37 AM
By the way nice bike, like it alot. Once i get my computer back from the damn shop i'm gonna post a little pic up of mine for my signature but DON'T KNOW HOW, i'm sure i'll figure it out though.

aaron913
04-02-2007, 10:38 PM
ok, found some stuff out,
will start first kick now with choke halfway out, and runs with it halfway out, but wont run without it, buddy says its a clogged jet, ive cleaned them twice now, no luck, still leaks alot of gas andi cleaned out those screws in the bottom of the float.

It runs, but ****ty, bc choke is on , so im guessing idle jet? other than that i think it would rev fine.

im about to just cough up the $250 the cycle shop would charge me to tune it

TXATVRIDER
04-03-2007, 01:47 AM
It shouldn't be that hard to do it yourself. I kinda had the same problem all i did was cleaned the air filter, carbs, jets, and ran fine just needed a little TLC. But maybe you have a little bigger problem than i had. I had ****ty gas in mine though which was probably the main problem.

aaron913
04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Ive had the airfilter completely off with just the outerwears cover on to make sure it wasnt that. I can try new gas and i guess find an air compressor and take the carbs apart once more. Ill do that this weekend and hopefully that does that trick.