PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy LSR heims

DJJ450r
03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know the cheapest and fastest place to buy LSR heims for the DC-4 a-arms? I already know directly from LSR but I was wondering if anyone know any other places, thanks

hendershot106
03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
easy--- take the heim off ---- find your local dirt track race car shop and show them what u have and tell em how many u need-- and iff your lucky-- they will have the black moly coated heims that last longer--- just try it ----- i had to improvise last year when i ran those other long travels---(herrmanns)-- i couldnt even get parts in the same month from herrmann

DJJ450r
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Next time I buy heims I'll deffinately try that, I already ordered my new ones from LSR and had them overnighted so I can get them on before North Carolina:blah: Thanks for the info.

cletusEX
03-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Next time I buy heims I'll deffinately try that, I already ordered my new ones from LSR and had them overnighted so I can get them on before North Carolina:blah: Thanks for the info.

How many races are you getting out of a set of heims? I run the same a-arms and am curious. I replaced mine towards the end of last year and they already are getting some play in them.

hendershot106
03-20-2007, 09:14 AM
i went through three sets of heims last year---- in about 30 mx races (with equiv of 3-5 motos/race)and practicing a couple times per week also------ about every time i needed brakes i needed heims---- about 30 motos worth on the heims---

DJJ450r
03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
How many races are you getting out of a set of heims? I run the same a-arms and am curious. I replaced mine towards the end of last year and they already are getting some play in them. I got a whole season out of them but they needed to be replaced sooner:blah: Hopefully I'll be switching to ARS-FX soon:macho

cletusEX
03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah I was thinking about switching a-ams but didn't want to have to buy new shocks. I didn't know if any other a-arms used that length shocks.

DJJ450r
03-20-2007, 09:16 PM
send the shocks to GTT or something, I'm sure he can make the right length and valve them perfect:macho