PDA

View Full Version : need info on swingarm removal

AJ's Blaster
03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
I bought a 2001 400ex this past year and am getting ready to remove the swingarm bolt for routine maintenance and to put in new bearings. I have never done this before and wanted to know if there were any tricks to doing this. Also could someone let me know what the torque settings should be once I put back together?

KJS
03-18-2007, 05:06 PM
search Swingarm Removal plenty of info but mainly use plenty of patience and wd -40

400exrider707
03-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by AJ's Blaster
I bought a 2001 400ex this past year and am getting ready to remove the swingarm bolt for routine maintenance and to put in new bearings. I have never done this before and wanted to know if there were any tricks to doing this. Also could someone let me know what the torque settings should be once I put back together?

I would worry about getting the swingarm bolt out first... you will probably have to cut it with a torch...

AJ's Blaster
03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I would worry about getting the swingarm bolt out first... you will probably have to cut it with a torch...

What exactly did you think that the question was.

400exrider707
03-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AJ's Blaster

What exactly did you think that the question was.

Well your question seemed to be about the overall procedure... I was just saying getting past the first step is usually the hardest...