View Full Version : Razr's vs Razr 2's (rear)

07250ex
03-18-2007, 01:03 PM
which one is a better as well as better looking tire

oldskoolex400
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
razr for you, IMO razr2's are to heavy for a 250ex or even a 300ex, some people run then, i guess its ok, i would just run a lighter tire such as the razr's though. JMO.

y3llow400ex
03-19-2007, 04:01 PM
regular razr's are going to be alot lighter and u can slide them alot easier then the 2's. as far as looking good, thats ur personal prefrence there.

ZSNOW
03-19-2007, 06:57 PM
i got razr 2 rears on my Z...they go anywhere and look pretty kool too...IMO

procircuit406ex
03-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Razr2

nicker71
03-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Razor 2 front and razor 1 back is a very popular XC combo. The ones just slide easier around corners. But for the really nasty stuff the 2s will grip better. I really like my Razor2 razor1 combo.

400EXTRA
03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
mudlight sp

Kansas400ex
03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
what type of terrain do you ride in? for example muddy sloppy trials or some hard packed with little mud or some trails that are rocky and rough.

ZSNOW
03-21-2007, 06:43 AM
i don't want to answer for the guy but from the look of his location its little mud ,sand ,and hard pack trails?

m.h.s.c.#527
03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
razr for you, IMO razr2's are to heavy for a 250ex or even a 300ex, some people run then, i guess its ok, i would just run a lighter tire such as the razr's though. JMO.

your tires weight isnt that big of a deal and the kool think about razr 2s is the hill climbing and mud advantage and on the 250ex in xc racinf it really grabs the side of the rut

oldskoolex400
03-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
your tires weight isnt that big of a deal and the kool think about razr 2s is the hill climbing and mud advantage and on the 250ex in xc racinf it really grabs the side of the rut

lol, yes the tires weight is bigger than you think. im not going to argue with a 13 year old about tires because you have so much more experience at it than me. he is going to say they work great on his quad. ok that is fine. i have tried alot of different set-ups when i had my 300ex it hooked up to much. i prefered the razrs over the razr2s for a not as powerful machine.

hes not always going to be riding in the mud, this is the only place i would even consider running razr2s rears on a quad.
from the sound of the guy zsnow a little mud, sand and hardpack. on hardpack the razr2s suck ***.

on the weight of a tire, the less rotating weight you have, the better off you are.

why dont you enlighten us on somemore of your vast knowledge m.h.s.c.???

oldskoolex400
03-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527

lol, yes the tires weight is bigger than you think. im not going to argue with a 13 year old about tires because you have so much more experience at it than me. he is going to say they work great on his quad. ok that is fine. i have tried alot of different set-ups when i had my 300ex it hooked up to much. i prefered the razrs over the razr2s for a not as powerful machine.

hes not always going to be riding in the mud, this is the only place i would even consider running razr2s rears on a quad.
from the sound of the guy zsnow a little mud, sand and hardpack. on hardpack the razr2s suck ***.

on the weight of a tire, the less rotating weight you have, the better off you are.

440exnacsracer
03-23-2007, 07:22 PM
lol, yes the tires weight is bigger than you think.

well said, as far as tire choice, i have no reccomendation. the 250ex doesnt have enough power to really turn them over alot anyway, plus they have alot of low end torque, so a heavier tire will be less noticable than on some other quads

ZSNOW
03-23-2007, 07:24 PM

i never said anything about razr 2's being good in hard pack...i was saying that razr 2's hook up good...i know they suck on hard pack because my z will come out of a pavment turn doin a burn out....

oldskoolex400
03-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
i never said anything about razr 2's being good in hard pack...i was saying that razr 2's hook up good...i know they suck on hard pack because my z will come out of a pavment turn doin a burn out....

if you would read my post i said that is the conditions he rides in, i guess you guys are from the same area....is what i took it as. i never said anything about you saying something about them being good in hardpack. i was simply making a statement to everyone, not you.

ZSNOW
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
sorry man , sometimes i take stuff the wrng way

krt400ex
03-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by nicker71
Razor 2 front and razor 1 back is a very popular XC combo. The ones just slide easier around corners. But for the really nasty stuff the 2s will grip better. I really like my Razor2 razor1 combo.

i got the same combo...and i will never use another tire... excellent tire combo