PDA

View Full Version : intake problems on 250r-yz450

georgedoggy
03-18-2007, 06:48 AM
hey guys

i have the yz450 motor in and the carb connected but now the carb is only an inch and a half away from the back of the frame and i cant see how to connect the airbox boot. the only way i can see doing it, is lowering the carb somehow or angling it down.
any ideas?
can you buy another boot from the carb to the motor that angles it down on the fcr carb?

thanks

bozz
03-18-2007, 07:11 AM
go to the dealer and look at some of the other quads or bikes airfilters maybe you will see on that would work question why not just use a 450 frame I would imagine 250r is worn out anyway!

2muchquad
03-18-2007, 03:45 PM
you'll have to use a radiator hose with a bend in it from the auto parts store.Im not sure the exact hose number you'll need but thats what they are using.Go there and look for one that has the diameter you need and a close enough bend.Obviously you'll have to cut it for fitment.;)

03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
You need to notch the frame. You have to cut a moon shape out of the top tube so the intake tube can fit. Once that is dune you need to add a gesset. Then most times the stock boot will fit with a little bit of work.

I tried the radiator hose idea and the hose would not work it was to stiff.

I tried the stock boot and it almost worked but kept pulling the carb off I think if i heated the tube up some it would have worked but for now im using aluminum heater vent and it works perfect and is pritty stong.

Some people compleatly cut half of the frame rail out and then build a bridge over or under the intake boot.

Their was a thread a while back and every one showed what they used for their boot on their hybrid.

SWIGIN
03-18-2007, 04:12 PM
i made a intake on my 350 to angle the carb down...maybe you could do this too

2muchquad
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
How does that carb run without a accellerator pump?Thats definately not a stock carb.Is that a keihin pe series?36mm?