PDA

View Full Version : sunk it need help

the fat kid
03-18-2007, 12:47 AM
ok well i searched and found some info but mostly with 450r's and id like z400 specifics ok so the oil is milky not just real bad but it is, and it still starts and runs ok, i had to ride it back we were like a mile from the truck, i limped it back at low rpm's got it home drained the oil from the tank and took out the filter, so whats next i know ill have a few oil changes ahead of me but whats all this im hearing about tipping it on the tranny side or something, idk are my valves, piston, rings, etc. gonna be ok and is there a way to clean a k and n oil filter so i dont have to keep buying one for the oil changes, i was thinkin with gas or brake cleaner, idk any advice is greatley appreciated.

firemanatv
03-18-2007, 08:33 AM
when you drained the oil did you take the plug out of the bottom of the engine. the oil needs to drain from there also. for tipping the trans side to side the engine and trans use the same oil. your engine sould be fine. you will need to change your oil a few mor times to clear the milkyness up. on your oil filter brake clean or carb cleaner will clean it up. i would buy a couple of regular filters to run in it till you get oil clean then put the k&n back in.

the fat kid
03-18-2007, 10:32 AM
ok thanks

the fat kid
03-18-2007, 09:17 PM
fyi for all teh people out there who think you have to change oil at least 8 to 10 times either you sunk yours waaaay worse than me or they just like to buy oil... idk i got soem engine flush from autozone and mixed one quart of that with one quart of 10w 30 let it idle for 5 minuets, drained and replaced with 10w40 and it was clean as a whistle, ran it all day today ran great so theres just some info for future refrence...