PDA

View Full Version : Attention MX Racers!!! Need Some Help

MikeyM1980
10-06-2002, 10:59 AM
I have a choice to make and I need all who race MX! As of right now I have a set of TCS Zero-Preload front shocks with just compression adjustment that are 6 months to a year older than my quad, which is a 2002. They are in need of a good cleaning and painting but have served thier purpose very well. Well, I'm in the market to add about $2000 worth of aftermarket market parts which include an axle, a-arms, and many other engine and chassis related items. The other day I came across a web site named Christianpaulmotorsports.com who is selling Elka long travel shocks and a-arms for $1619.95(starting at but well equipped). My problem is this: I've been trying to get into the race scene for almost a year and have failed to do so but am not ready to give up. I don't know whether to purchase inexpensive +2 a-arms and keep the current shocks and spend a little bit of money on the engine or go all out and purchase the long travel kit to be better equipped for racing. If I go the long travel route I can still sell my current shocks but I won't be spending as much on the engine as had hoped. I'm extremely torn in my decision but am leaning more toward the long travel simply because it will be brand new and I can't stand buying used parts that are in average shape which the shocks were when purchased. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Sparks425Ex
10-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Well #1 If you go to the Quad Shop, Jeff will give you a better deal with Better A arms. I am decidin on Shocks and A Arms right now. I am deff getting TCS but i am not sure if wanna spend the extra 150 bucks for Long travel A arms or wether to go with normal Size shocks and normal Travel A arms that are +2s

I would just get normal a arms if you already have the shocks.

In My Opinion.

O BTW: How do you liek your TCS? How well do they soak up big Jumps?

MikeyM1980
10-06-2002, 08:31 PM
ttt