PDA

View Full Version : First ATV

Motonut
03-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Okay, I have been wanting and ATV for a while, so I finaly bought myself an '07 Polaris Predator. I wanted to know if this was a good choice for my first bike as I have very little experience on an ATV. I wanted something that I could "grow in to", any tips/advice would be helpful aslo. Thanks!

smokinwrench
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
I would say you made a good choice for a first atv. It has way more power then a beginner should ever have. Awesome suspension. I just traded my 05 troy lee predator off for a 07 525. I never had any complaints about my predator, just wanted the newest thing out.

As for when you get tired of the power it has now. Install a slip on pipe and an aftermarket intake system and youll have all the power you ever need.

Motonut
03-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks, I already put on a set of nerf bars and replaced the stock air filter with an K & N. I took it out for the 2nd time out this weekend an tried some jumps, I think it scares my dad more than it scares me. Not to mention the neighbors dont like me very much anymore. ;)

honda300EXtreme
03-18-2007, 06:21 PM
once you get an exhaust your neighbors will hate you :p

mach1stang
03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Motonut
Thanks, I already put on a set of nerf bars and replaced the stock air filter with an K & N. I took it out for the 2nd time out this weekend an tried some jumps, I think it scares my dad more than it scares me. Not to mention the neighbors dont like me very much anymore. ;)

yeah dont sweat the neighbors i am florida and it is super dry right now and the dust is horrible.

Motonut
03-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Im going to wait to put an exhaust on. I already scare myself as it is.

03-19-2007, 09:20 AM
The Predator could be a little much for a 1st quad so be careful always wear your HELMET , stretch out before you ride.Your going to take your lumps like we all have.Just try not to ride above your head when out with more experienced riders.Have fun and put your Head lights on in the trails. :D