View Full Version : NEw to the racing scene

Gray33
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
hello...

alright guys i am 15 1/2 years old and I have been riding my 04 blaster for a while and now i have decided to get big into atv/motorcross racing. So, i made a deal with my mom if I get on the "honor roll" at school she and my dad will buy me this $4,000 honda 450-r at our local dealership it has dg frong bumbers,taper handle bars, number plates, and new after market tires.

Do you guys think a 450-R is to much for me? I have ridden my friends (the people who convieced me to get serious about racing) and it was one of the best I have ever road. Ever since 2004 when they came out I have always wanted one and now that i have a job and stuff i can finally buy one. What aftermarket parts do you guys recommed I get that are reasonable in price and would make the fourwheeler faster?

I am from Ohio and pretty much everyone here has a utlity fourwheeler but us (younger guys) like the sport atvs. I would appericate if you guys posted and told me some tips or two about racing in a motor cross race and what kind of aftermarket parts I should get?

INFAMOUSRACER7
03-17-2007, 10:26 PM
hey whats up? so you want to start racing. if you do buy that quad the first thing i would do is an exhaust and jet kit. thats all i would do until you decide that you want to stick with it. the exhaust will open it up and you will notice a big difference in power.

mx1791
03-17-2007, 10:32 PM
well if your going from a blaster to a 450r u dont need a pipe just yet. make sure it has MX tires and nerf bars, thats a good start for mx, once your used to the power u can order a pipe/jet kit

Gray33
03-17-2007, 10:49 PM
thanks guys what kind of pipe and jet kit would you guys recommed?

ya, i really love fourwheelers i have been riding ever since i was 5..yes a little young but i was lol.. Yes, blaster to a 450-r will be a big change but i will practice on my track ever night during this summer with my friends who all have 450-rs and yfz 450. Personally. I am Honda guy that is why i am goin with the 450-R and also it is pretty much sweet lol..

This is off the subject but how much do you think I could get out of my blaster. Because the dealershiip wont probly give me anything out of it.

2004 yfs-200 blaster
aftermarket parts:
dg-nerf bars
roxy hand sheilds
yahama shock covers
dg front bumber
dg grap bar

MX MaNiAc 06
03-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I was 15 when i got my 450r. You will get used to the power in a week. So dont hesitate getting it because of the power.

Get nerfs, handlebars, steering dampener, 18" tires, kill switch. Worry about the little things before u drop big bucks on a pipe or suspension.

TWISTED DINLI
03-18-2007, 01:02 PM
for the pipe i would go with the dasa or sparks. its i have heard are the best exhausts for performance.

mx1791
03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
yea if your going to spend the $$ on a pipe get a good one, ive heard great things about dasa

Sjorge450R
03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
for the pipe i would go with the dasa or sparks. its i have heard are the best exhausts for performance.

no its dasa and rossier. at leasts thats what the dynos prove. dont get me wrong the sparks is also a good pipe, but also cost more than the rossier and doesnt make the same gains.

Gray33
03-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Do any of you know where to go get number plates and number stickers for your back rear fenders?

Also, do you guys recommed any websites that offer good prices on there products?

esr250r86
03-18-2007, 04:26 PM
You should be able to get used to the 450r, the only difference from the blaster is the big power difference.Just dont go crazy on it.

450Rfutureracer
03-18-2007, 05:18 PM
i was 14 when i got my 450r and its great power but for the mx racing i dont know what to tell you. i am in ohio too, where do you ride? good luck

Gray33
03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
well i live in mercer county and there is like no place to ride out here so me and my friend's parents bought a woods and converted it to a track. I ride there alot, then on the weekends I head down to Attica Inidiana to "BAD Lands".

My friends go up north and race dont know where and I think there is a track up in troy. Also there is a new track in portland ohio if you ever heard of it havent been up there yet.

Sjorge450R
03-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
Do any of you know where to go get number plates and number stickers for your back rear fenders?

Also, do you guys recommed any websites that offer good prices on there products?

I PM'd you.