PDA

View Full Version : mx on a Vforce

the glassman
03-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I herd that when your tryin to jump these things the tranny tryes to up or down shift at funky times.
I have a 250r that i love but also hate because im 6'4" 270 and it feels a little small.

I have the chance to pic one up for 5000 that has elkas,dual exhaust,a-arms and carbon fiber style plastic on it
oh yah it has some kind of alluminum belt cover on it to.

Has any one ever raced mx on one.

Ive seen plenty in cc racing.
If i buy this thing i will try CC racing and want to try mx, not pro level or anything just over 35 (dad class) beguinner

any thoughts .......:cool:

ibthegator
03-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Glassman, this bike aint no 250R but for lots of info go to kawieriders.com, endless info on these and all kawi quads

I don't motocross but I do jumps and never had anything like that happen???
It is a great quad for "bigger" people.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by the glassman
i herd that when your tryin to jump these things the tranny tryes to up or down shift at funky times.
i have a 250r that i love but also hate because im 6'4" 270 and it feels a little small.

i have the chance to pic one up for 5000 that has elkas,dual exhaust,a-arms and carbon fiber style plastic on it
oh yah it has some kind of alluminum belt cover on it to.

Has any one ever raced mx on one.

duneflyer1
03-18-2007, 08:00 PM
eI think MX'ing one of these things would wear you out, but you could do it and have fun too!

ibthegator
03-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by duneflyer1
eI think MX'ing one of these things would wear you out, but you could do it and have fun too!

Oh my god, that is the truth. A riding buddy called me one day a few years ago to go to the local mx track so I took the V.
He was on a super fine 250R and I would do a couple laps and stop for a break he would do like 20.
He gave me crap until he tried the V for a few laps and cried like a little girl for his bike back.

duneflyer1
03-19-2007, 03:06 PM
If you can swing it, keep both. Use the R for MX and then the 700 for CC. I know when I jump from my 450 to my vforce in the dunes that I get tired quicker. The vforce is a blast to dune, but its a beast to flip around . Like ibthegator said, I can just imagine doing it on a technical MX track, uggh!

CrackerboyLV
03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I agree, I love my V for camp hopping at the dunes and riding with the family, but I prefer my Laeger on an MX track. They are two totally different quads. I have raced the V (once) in a team race and it is a little heavy for MX. Still a great Quad, just the wrong tool for that job.

(Link to Photo - Scroll to bottom of page) (http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=321399)

KTM265
04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
I MX'ed my V for 2 seasons, loved it...in 04 I had 7 starts with 6 first place wins in the 30 plus class and a 2nd place in the A class... The trick is be smart with what tracks you race at. The V is not good for jumps coming out of corners, you need some room to get that beast in the air. Also don't be afraid of muddy conditions...this is where you will smoke the 450s...the sloppier the track, the better off you are.

If you are skilled at jumping, you'll have a blast...here is a link to to an article on how to jump a V...good start for those wanting to try.

Learning to jump (http://www.slingenmud.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82)