PDA

View Full Version : New to the 450 world and i got some questions

striker1001
03-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Wasup guyz. First of id like to say, ive allready fallen for the 450. Its such a sweet bike. I took it up and down my street and i was alreay impressed by it. I have a little bit of questions to ask. first, How long should i warm it up for when it normal and then when its cold. Also, when i warmed it up today, i think fuel was coming out of the fuel drain line, is that normal, especially on a new ATV. And third, how should i break it in? Thanx guyz:D

ShiftFMX
03-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I dont have an amount of time that I usually let it warm up for, I guess when it starts sputtering with the choke on. I usually go out to the barn, start the quad, then get all my gear on and by the time I'm ready to go, the quad is too! :p

rollie
03-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I let mine warm up for a good 8-10 minutes, some may say thats too long, but hey most engine failures are caused by an engine that wasnt warmed up properly, as for breaking it in, ride it how your goin to ride it, do alot of accelaration and alot of deceleration, the first 20 hours are the most critical, after the first two hours, Change the oil with a non syntheic oil, then after 6 hours do it again, again no syenthic, then after the first two changes you can switch to a syntheic, as for the gas thats not normal, maybe the drain screw is a little loose from the factory? hope this helps

ratso
03-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Soon as mine fires I shut choke off roll the throttle on to keep running and take off. No wide open run's for a few minutes.