PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please - 250r Crankcase

u_want_some
03-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Alright people, I am new this site but I am noticing there are alot of 250r riders on here...Cool!! Anyway I just got really ripped on a 250r deal and got a project. The guy told me that it would need a new crankshaft and gasket kit and be ready to go.....Well come to find out I need a new crankcase, balancer bearings, main bearings, crankshaft and a gasket kit....If there is anyone out there that can help me out please let me know, I really want to see this quad run....You will understnad why once I figure out how to post some pics!! If you have a good 250r crankcase sittin in your garage please let me know what you want for it!! Thanks for reading and look forward to riding!!!

RichM1983
03-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Check on ebay because theres always bottom ends on there.

312R1
03-17-2007, 09:52 PM
What side do you need?

u_want_some
03-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I need the right side middle, not the cover.....Just the right center case, Thanks

pimpt250r
03-18-2007, 10:48 AM
your gonna get nickel and dimed to death,, if you did it 1 peice at a time,,
go buy a whole engine that runs --600-1000 dollars and sell what you dont need
its the only way to go if you wanna see it run quick

u_want_some
03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey thanks for the advise but I thought of that already and then decided to just do it all piece by piece. I do not have that much experience in rebuilding one and I think that is is my opportunity. The next few things that I am going to be looking for is a crankshaft (Hot Rod), Balancer bearings, Gasket Kit, Main Bearings and a new seat cover.....Also I will have pics posted this evening of the PROJECT!!! (that is was not suppose to be) Thanks for all of your help and I look forward to it in the upcoming stages of this re-build, Thanks again

u_want_some
03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey, As I said before I was going to post a few pics but I kinda forgot to take the pictures before I started to take this quad apart....So here is what I have right now.....This is going to be a project so as I go along I will post more pics....Thanks for any comments or suggestions that you may have... Ok it is saying that the attched file is too large...I am only trying to post 1 pics..Whats going on?

TheFontMaster
03-18-2007, 07:04 PM
The best way to do it is piece by piece. It will cost more but in the end you know the parts you have are new.

u_want_some
03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey thanks.....Thats the way that I am looking to do it...Not only for experience but so that I know it's going to last. Can someone please tell me how to add pics?

kustomfab2003
03-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Check here, I've probably got what you need.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=288561

machwon
03-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I have most everything you need, new or used. I also tried to pm you. E-mail me at rbracing11@msn.com if interested. Thanks, Bob.

250R4EVR
03-21-2007, 07:44 AM
i have the casing you need. Its got all the barrings inside it, just needs to be cleaned.... has minor weld on backside. Done by Us government certifyed welder ( welds military tanks for a living)

80 bucks shipped to your door.... let me know if you need it still