PDA

View Full Version : OTD Price?

chipworkz
03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I will be picking mine up next Saturday and was wondering, what the price was that you guys have paid so far?
I will be paying 7999 out the door for a black and green one in California. This appears to be a good deal around here.
Thanks for the info.

feature05
03-18-2007, 12:39 AM
I traded in my 03 zx-6r and in the end I only had to finance $2800 on my Kawi card for the black and white one. Plus I got some free gear too. It was a pretty good deal especially because I actually got what I wanted on my trade in.

Varmit57
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Not sure on OTD but I had 2 dealers tell me $6900 base for the White one and $7100 for the Black.

I traded for mine too.

Which 450?
03-20-2007, 08:14 PM
the local stealers were $8000+, I dont remember what it was exactly

rrguy
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
$7100 or $7700 otd for the black with tribal graphics edition.

Quad Dude
03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
i was quoted 6700 in two places for either a black and white or the green one and a couple hundred more to the special edition black one.

juan pico
03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Down here on the East Coast in miami,fl. I paid $7,877 OTD on the white/black. Our sales tax is 7%.

soilworker
03-25-2007, 11:42 PM
In AZ they're going for around $8000-8300 otd for the standard additions and as high as $8500 for the black. Insane!

comrad
03-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Those are some insane prices... You guys actually think it is worth the extra money?

Which 450?
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by comrad
Those are some insane prices... You guys actually think it is worth the extra money?

I dont, If I can get one for at or under 6k, maybe slightly over if the apr is good, I will get one

SpeedBump
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
$6650.00 OTD. Not a penny more. I kinda going around some of the rules. Bought it outta state, no tax, no set-up fees, no registration or licenses.

The dealer is only 1hr 45 min from my house, so not that bad.

http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/KXF1.jpg

Toadz400
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
$6650.00 OTD. Not a penny more. I kinda going around some of the rules. Bought it outta state, no tax, no set-up fees, no registration or licenses.

How does that work?

soilworker
03-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I don't know how it is in all places but I got one to put it at $7500otd here in AZ from a starting price of $9100. After seeing the cost to the dealer after all fees and taxes in AZ, the dealer comes out paying over $7k for the quad. Go out of state and get lower price but beware that first service has to be at the dealer you purchased or you lose your basic warranty on a lot of things. Also, if you find a good dealer then they can really be a joy to work w/and know, esepecially if you plan to race. I would gladly spend a few hundred extra to have a local dealer that has awesome service and people than go out of state and not have a local dealer who I purchased from to help out.

Just my opinion but I've dealt w/out of state dealers to save money in the past and I personally would rather just find a great local dealer. They are out there as I found 2 actually out of over 10 I went to. Not too good of odds, but they are out there.

Your best bet if you want the quad at the lowest price where your at is stop by or call multiple dealers the same day saying they are the first you have talked to just to see what they are looking for. If you give them a price right off the bat then they look as if you can to them last and not first. (Dealers appreciate being your first stop, trust me. I've worked at several and each loved it/worked better deals.) Then come back or call back the next day or whenever you can and make up some really cheap offer that sounds too good to be true. Work around that and you'll get what you want. Drop out the dealers who won't budge and continue in on the others. Always works for me. I found two who were willing to match whatever the other had and were very nice/recommended dealers. Ended up selecting one over the other simply b/c they sponsor more racers/events.

KiKxKFX
03-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I paid 7500 OTD in GA... no setup fees, just the quad and the 48 month warranty.

chazekxt
03-30-2007, 12:06 PM
here in ks it is 7,962 otd to damn much lol

casey88
03-30-2007, 01:10 PM
i got mine for 7k otd

2muchquad
04-08-2007, 09:32 AM
8k for a quad is just crazy.I can still get left over honda 450rs for 5k and change.im sure the kfx isnt a big improvement over the honda.

mineralgrey01gt
04-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by chazekxt
here in ks it is 7,962 otd to damn much lol

here the bike is $7999 not otd

2muchquad
04-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Cha Ching!

SpeedBump
04-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by soilworker
I don't know how it is in all places but I got one to put it at $7500otd here in AZ from a starting price of $9100. After seeing the cost to the dealer after all fees and taxes in AZ, the dealer comes out paying over $7k for the quad. Go out of state and get lower price but beware that first service has to be at the dealer you purchased or you lose your basic warranty on a lot of things. Also, if you find a good dealer then they can really be a joy to work w/and know, esepecially if you plan to race. I would gladly spend a few hundred extra to have a local dealer that has awesome service and people than go out of state and not have a local dealer who I purchased from to help out.

Just my opinion but I've dealt w/out of state dealers to save money in the past and I personally would rather just find a great local dealer. They are out there as I found 2 actually out of over 10 I went to. Not too good of odds, but they are out there.

Your best bet if you want the quad at the lowest price where your at is stop by or call multiple dealers the same day saying they are the first you have talked to just to see what they are looking for. If you give them a price right off the bat then they look as if you can to them last and not first. (Dealers appreciate being your first stop, trust me. I've worked at several and each loved it/worked better deals.) Then come back or call back the next day or whenever you can and make up some really cheap offer that sounds too good to be true. Work around that and you'll get what you want. Drop out the dealers who won't budge and continue in on the others. Always works for me. I found two who were willing to match whatever the other had and were very nice/recommended dealers. Ended up selecting one over the other simply b/c they sponsor more racers/events.

One of my problems...there were none in Green at the time at the local dealers. The other issue for sure was price. All the local dealers here...including the one I have been buying parts for my Kawasaki Tecate 4 from and have a very good relationship with, would NOT come down on price yet. The new KFX has a LONG list of buyers waiting and the dealer would be a fool to sell to me at a reduced price. I don't blame them, but I am not gonna just waste another $1500 in taxes and registration that the dealer will not see most of anyway. If it were a few hundred $$$s...ok, no prob, but come on...$1500+. I'll drive a bit more. I talked to the dealer and 2 of the salesman told me they would do the same thing in my position. They are fine with me buying somewhere else, and I will still take my bike to them for service and such and they said they would be more than happy to work on it,,,even if I got it from another dealer. They are great guys over there.

On a side note.. Most places around here don't require registration because it is personally owned land or ATVs really should NOT be on it anyway. I have registered a few of my other quads over the years, and it seems all I get outta it is less money in my pocket. When you pay taxes and registration fees...you would think the State owned riding areas should let you ride there WITHOUT charging MORE money, but they don't. I don't have to pay extra everytime I drive my truck on the streets and highways (excluding toll roads :D ), I don't have to pay extra to hunt after PURCHASING a hunting license or pay extra to take my boat out on the state owned lake once the registration is paid, so why do we have to pay to ride the ATVS? Heck with the state. When my registration fees are worth paying...only then will I consider it again.

bustedknuckle
04-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Not trying to start anything.gut pa requires your quad to be reg. its the law.watch where you ride dont get caught.your dealer is required to send in your reg.if you buy it in ohio you are still reqired to pay the tax.the ohio dealers must also send paper work to pa.it stinks but watch out..