PDA

View Full Version : 07 crf450 fcr carb or bored 03 fcr carb

duneflyer1
03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I want to bore my of fcr carb out to 43.5mm. I just heard that the new 07 CRF450 FCR 41mm carb is better then the bored older models. Anyone have info on this?

2muchquad
03-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Why would you want to bore your carb out?drag racing? a stock 39mm fcr can give a modded 4 fiddy all the fuel it needs with better throttle response than an engine that is "over carbed".Bigger doesnt always mean better;)

duneflyer1
03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
Why would you want to bore your carb out?drag racing? a stock 39mm fcr can give a modded 4 fiddy all the fuel it needs with better throttle response than an engine that is "over carbed".Bigger doesnt always mean better;)

Well, I dont think honda would have went bigger on the new crf's (41mm) if it didnt help, plus, dyno's dont lie. My buddy with the exact motor/mods gained over a hp as well as torque with the bored carb.

2muchquad
03-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Just because it may work on a bike doesnt mean it'll work on the quad.You might just end up with a big flat spot or lowend bog in the quad,they are heavier than bikes.Most of us dont ride dynoes.peak hp doesnt mean jack in the real seat of the pants world.

duneflyer1
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
I ignore the pk hp anyway. I follow the curve. I know what RPM my normal riding is in and know where I want my gains. I have done my homework and know what I want done. Plus, the bike that has the bored carb has no dead spots, or bogs as you suggest. Its power curve has a solid gain through low end upto the top. DASA does it, and am sure they have done enough R&D to see its value. Thanks for your concern, but I got it covered.