PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Deal?

casey88
03-17-2007, 12:08 AM
i went and got my new kfx450r today and when i went to ride it the header pipe became bright red like it was running lean. did any one eles do this thanks kc

nicker71
03-17-2007, 11:06 AM
should have gotten a yami. Shows you right. Mine would do the same thing when I bought mine. They make them run lean from from the factory for the whole emisions stuff. With the carb you could just rejet, dont know about fuel injection maybe need a programmer. Did it do this just a idle or did you give it some gas and see it happen??

Mike going riding with us tomarrow. I woke up this morning and there is snow on the ground. WTF??

TWILES
03-17-2007, 02:33 PM
My wife used to work at a Yamaha/Suzuki dealership and they said that the pipes are coated in this stuff from the factory that has to burn out. It makes them turn red like that when they are first ran + they are a little lean. They had to let the Suzuki crotch rockets set and idle untill they stopped smoking before they could leave. They could pop the gas when they first started to smoke and you'd think they were about to blow up.

nicker71
03-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Dont run lean from factory?? Yes they do. Yamaha's aren't junk, and sounds to me your the one that knows nothing. I just giving my younger brother some BS.

And TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF!!!!
:confused:

casey88
03-17-2007, 09:35 PM
YA!

troutman561
03-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by walshracer21
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nicker71
[B]should have gotten a yami. Shows you right. Mine would do the same thing when I bought mine. They make them run lean from from the factory for the whole emisions stuff. With the carb you could just rejet, dont know about fuel injection maybe need a programmer. Did it do this just a idle or did you give it some gas and see it happen??

FIRST OF ALL MY FRIEND YAMAHAS ARE JUNK AND YOU OBVIOUSLY NOE NOTHING ABOUT ATVS,THEY DONT RUN LEAN FROM THE FACTORY THEY ARE FINE FOR A STOCK SET UP

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR BIKE ITS NEW AND NOTHING HAS BEEN BROKEN IN THE PIPE HASNT BEEN HEATED YET SO IT IS GOING TO TURN BRIGHT RED UNTIL THE TITANIUM HEATS UP

Obviously you know nothing, quads are set to run lean from the factory for emissions reasons.

feature05
03-18-2007, 12:46 AM
My pipe didn't turn bright red, but after a few minutes it smells like its running lean or its just burning all the new residue in the muffler and pipe. You shouldn't have really anything to worry about casey88.

crackers
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
It is possible the choke is pulled which will make it burn hotter and the pipes get red(er) when it is pulled.

Mine did this when I forgot to put the choke back in when I was idling it and moving the other quads around I put the choke in and it dims noticably. (wasn't running on choke long but it warms fast).

danLTR450
03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Its TOTALLY normal.

My stock pipe did it and even my full Yosh does it. As do all the other quads I ride with.

There is nothing wrong with your quad.

I know for a fact my quad isnt freakin lean..........Some people love to talk when they shouldnt