PDA

View Full Version : Rath Racing Bolt on Nerfs

riding4fun
03-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Does anybody have Rath Racing bolt on nerfs for the new DRX 2 quads.. I need to ask you a question. No instruction manual so I am mocking it up and need help with installation.

Thanks,

Darrell

Ya, I'm a big dummy.

Well maybe somebody that has Rath Nerfs could help me. How do the nerf bars stay on the pegs. Do I just have to bang them on and the friction keeps them from falling off. Here's a pic
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/sdflenner/IMG_2763.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/sdflenner/IMG_2764.jpg

Steven623
03-17-2007, 01:51 AM
usually just drill a hole that goes through the aluminum tube ends and through the steel tubes that are bolted on. either from the top or through the side. Which ever way you can fit the drill and bolt and lock nuts on.

JenniferRath
03-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Here you go hope this helps !

There are "4" inch and 3/4 long inch bolts -

you drill through the nerf bar after its slid onto the mount tubes and in place.

After the bolts are in place you use the nylock nuts to secure-

We put ours in stright up in down - nut to the bottom side - we use a 1/4 inch drill bit.

riding4fun
03-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by JenniferRath
Here you go hope this helps !

There are "4" inch and 3/4 long inch bolts -

you drill through the nerf bar after its slid onto the mount tubes and in place.

After the bolts are in place you use the nylock nuts to secure-

We put ours in stright up in down - nut to the bottom side - we use a 1/4 inch drill bit.

JenniferRath,

How far are the nerfs supposed to slide in before tightening the black brackets down.
I can't push them in by hand, so do I need to force them in?
It seems like it should go all the way in till its hits the black mounts and the only way that will happen is by force BIG HAMMER.

Mine did not come with any hardware, nuts or bolts, for drilling and securing.

Thanks,

Darrell

riding4fun
03-17-2007, 09:41 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/sdflenner/Editednerf.jpg

Darrell

riding4fun
03-17-2007, 10:11 AM
OK,

Tapped it in with a sledge. That's all it took.

Darrell.

Now it would of been nice to receive the right nylon inserts. I received the 6 leg and need the 8 leg.

AFROracing
03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I was think that if the bolts for the steel tubes where loose you could then slide the nerfs on, then retighten the bolts. Looks as if you got it already..

drr wizard
03-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I've tried the AC nerfs , now I've got RAths and they are a very sturdy and reliable product , I must admit I prefer them over the AC's. but I agree, they could throw in some instructions.
congrats on the new rides you will be very pleased. DRR is a great product ans they have some excellent dealers. When you finish with 'em post us pics:cool:

AFROracing
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
how much do these bolt-ons cost and where to get?

riding4fun
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AFROracing
how much do these bolt-ons cost and where to get?

$260 from www.rathracing.com

Delivery time seems to be between 2 to 3 weeks.