PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech bar clamp/handlebars

dnatt
03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the Trail Tech bar clamp with the Trail Tech high bend bars? All I could find where pictures of the medium bend. Through reading different posts, everyone is saying that the medium bend is like the stock bar height. I just ordered the high bend because I thought that would be like stock. I am kind of worried that they will be too high now. Any help on this would be great. Thanks

hornetgod13
03-17-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm one of the ones with Trail Tech Bar Clamps and Medium Bend X-Bars. Medium Bend X-Bars feel exactally like stock handle bars. The High Bend bars you're getting are a 1/2" higher at the grips than stock.

Lowcountrydave
03-17-2007, 05:47 AM
I have the same Trailtech clamp and medium bend X-bars. They are a great choice to keep the stock feel.

Dave

dnatt
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Will my clutch, brake, & throttle cable be long enough with the high bend bar?

hornetgod13
03-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Mine fit on the medium bend bars. I can't speak for the the high bends. I imagine there will be less room but, not certain how much.

chad502ex
03-19-2007, 07:41 AM
this is medium bend

trxridr
03-19-2007, 10:23 AM
hey chad502ex where did you get that plastic piece that your key goes in???

03-19-2007, 10:34 AM
you can get them at trail tech...i have one laying here that i am not using...it is for a 450r and has room for the keys and 2 lights...i have the trail tech clamps, but for some reason the one i bought will not fit on them...

hornetgod13
03-19-2007, 12:25 PM
It came with my bar clamps when I purchased them.

03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
i purchased my bar clamps without one...for the old style 400ex that had the key mounted on the headlights...moved them clamps to my 450r and ordered one of those covers thinking it would work for me since i had the trail tech clamps...i must have an older style of clamps...i paid 16 for it with shipping...i ship it to anyone that wants it for $15...i'll take a loss on it...

XtremelyCrazy
03-20-2007, 07:03 AM
I got the medium bend with the TrailTech high riser.

Gets the bars up higher than stock, so I can stand while riding more, but with a relatively flat bend.

To me, the biggest issue is sweep, cuz that's what determines how your wrists will be positioned - bent or straight.

For aggressive riding, you want your wrists in a natural, straight position.

mattn03
03-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by XtremelyCrazy

To me, the biggest issue is sweep, cuz that's what determines how your wrists will be positioned - bent or straight.

For aggressive riding, you want your wrists in a natural, straight position.

So different bars have different "sweep"? I'm a noob and bought mine used and the previous owner installed Renthal bars. After a while, my wrists start bothering me because the bars sweep back. What bars have a straighter sweep and what do the factory bars have?

03-20-2007, 07:50 AM
get yourself a rocky mountain atv catalog...it lists the sweep, height and width of every bar they sell

XtremelyCrazy
03-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by mattn03
So different bars have different "sweep"? I'm a noob and bought mine used and the previous owner installed Renthal bars. After a while, my wrists start bothering me because the bars sweep back. What bars have a straighter sweep and what do the factory bars have?

Yes....different bars, different sweep. The "right" sweep is whatever works for you, whatever feels good for you. Sweep is the mesurement of how far back the bar ends come from the furthest forward part of the bar. Bars with less sweep look straighter.

Any good catalog should give the rise, sweep and width measurement of the bars.

Factory bars have a massive sweep, and should be one of the first things to go when doing mods. I'm not sure of the actual measurements, but should be on any Honda spec sheet of the 400EX.

Hope this is helpful.

mattn03
03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Yep, thanks guys!

trxridr
03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
hey i went to rocky mountain atv and found some bars, but can anyone tell me if these are medium bend???? here is the link http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do

trxridr
03-20-2007, 10:27 AM
oops i guess that that didnt work but here is the modle Trail Tech ATV Big Bar Clamp Kit w/Vapor Adaptor and Trail Tech X-Bar
Fits: 2005, HONDA, TRX 400EX
Our price: $144.99

it doesnt come with the computer so is that a good deal???

03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
you will choose what bend you want...low, med, or high...i went with the medium bend. close to stock height, but with a little less sweep...they feel good...

do you have the vapor computer? if not, do you plan on getting it? if the answer to both of these is no, then that is not a good deal for you...get the set without the adaptor and save about 30 bucks or so...if you answered yes to either, then that is a good deal...or at least about the going rate...also contact site sponsor c&d racing and see what they can drum up for ya

trxridr
03-22-2007, 06:17 AM
good to know because i dont think i will get the computer for a little while. but can i get the adapter later on if i want to get the computer

03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
yes you can