PDA

View Full Version : YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN by: George Carlin

<DRS>GPF
03-16-2007, 12:50 PM
although it may have already been posted, its worth seeing it again.. (ya gotta love George Carlin)

YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN
by: George Carlin

I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American. I am George Carlin.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!

I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way!

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time watching or arguing about it.

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut up already.

I believe if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from and change your own country! This is AMERICA.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry rear if you're running from them..

I also think they have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

And, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good..... and I'm proud that "God" is written on my money.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me stuff or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

And what is going on with gas prices... again?

I believe "illegal" is illegal no matter what the lawyers think.

I believe the American flag should be the only one allowed in AMERICA!

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.

CRich[814]
03-16-2007, 12:53 PM
A+

agreed. my mom had tickets to see him a few years ago but she got the flu and couldnt go :(

FreekShow
03-16-2007, 12:57 PM
AMEN

allstock
03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.

LMAO

54warrior
03-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Amen to that.

Tommy 17
03-16-2007, 01:21 PM
that guys i halarious when u watch him on HBO:p

Kickstarts-suck
03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
I believe if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from and change your own country! This is AMERICA.

:macho :macho :macho :macho :macho

I see people with Puerto Rico flags(and others) alot. If they like Puerto Rico so much go back to Puerto rico.:grr:

smr
03-16-2007, 02:21 PM
George Carlin didn't write that. Check it out. He would never say some of those things....not saying George isn't politically outspoken. I have been a George Carlin fan since the 70's and I'm 100% sure he didn't wright that.

elite ATV1
03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Repost i posted this about a year or so ago

Quad18star
03-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF

Can someone explain to me why there should be only 1 flag ALLOWED in a country ?

STEVENJANNA
03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by smr
George Carlin didn't write that. Check it out. He would never say some of those things....not saying George isn't politically outspoken. I have been a George Carlin fan since the 70's and I'm 100% sure he didn't wright that.
Here I looked it up for them.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlin.asp

Tommy 17
03-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Can someone explain to me why there should be only 1 flag ALLOWED in a country ?

because its america... no flag should be flown higher then the american flag on american soil... this isn't mexico or canada... its america... its that simple...

Kickstarts-suck
03-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Why would you represent a different flag then what country you live in. Its like say you have a Puerto Rican flag on your truck and you live in the USA. Its like your saying you like Puerto Rico better then the USA where you live..

Blue250X
03-16-2007, 04:51 PM

America...American flag...seeing the resemblance (sp?) I don't know if your taking it the way of no flags for your fav football team or what, but if you are saying the mexicans should come fly their flag then they can go back to mexico IMO

<DRS>GPF
03-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by smr

thats ok, i still like George and I still think its good text.. thus its a double bonus!!

Originally posted by elite ATV1
Repost i posted this about a year or so ago

which is why my first line stated that it mightve been already posted.. thank you for your personal promotion of your historical input to this forum and subsequent post-count increase at this threads expense!

its a matter of pride.. which, thanks to a few politicians, we(actual "true blue" US citizens) could use a shot of..

additionally, i wouldnt be so rude or pompous as to fly the US flag merely for reasons of acknowledgement of my presence everywhere i visit in Canada, or anywhere else in the world for that matter..
thats not to say that i dont have USA shirts, hats and other such things which i wear or display when appropriate.. (like world cup or the olympics)

Quad18star
03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Gotchas .

I can see the point of no flag should be flown higher than the country's flag ... but to not ALLOW any other flag .. I don't know . I guess I just have different views .

We have a bridge here in town that has flags flying that represent the nationality of the different cultural groups here in town . It's actually pretty neat to see .

Hell I even have an American flag , a poster in my computer room that has an American flag and several t-shirts with patches on the sleeve with the American flag . :devil:

Blue250X
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Gotchas .

I can see the point of no flag should be flown higher than the country's flag ... but to not ALLOW any other flag .. I don't know . I guess I just have different views .

We have a bridge here in town that has flags flying that represent the nationality of the different cultural groups here in town . It's actually pretty neat to see .

Hell I even have an American flag , a poster in my computer room that has an American flag and several t-shirts with patches on the sleeve with the American flag . :devil:

Yea I can see where your coming from, I have an american flag and I think there is a leaf in my yard... Just kidding man, don't take that as a shot against Canada or anything, just messin

czrider263
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM
there have been no words spoken as true as those.

ShiftFMX
03-17-2007, 09:01 AM
George Carlin is the man! I met him a few weeks ago, he had a show here and stayed at the hotel I work at, it was pretty cool, theres a girl that works with me at the front desk and she is...SO STUPID...well it made my day when George yelled at her and completely blamed her for making him late to his show :p

blholtz
03-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Well I agree that there should be no flags but the american flag displayed anywhere.

And that includes the Confederate flag, so remember for those of you who display that flag, that is also a flag that is an afront to this country.

Outlaw 50
03-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by blholtz
Well I agree that there should be no flags but the american flag displayed anywhere.

And that includes the Confederate flag, so remember for those of you who display that flag, that is also a flag that is an afront to this country.

What do you base that assumption/ opinion on?

OutCast
03-18-2007, 10:39 AM
You've never heard the history on that flag????

The Confederate battle flag, called the "Southern Cross" or the cross of St. Andrew, has been described variously as a proud emblem of Southern heritage and as a shameful reminder of slavery and segregation. In the past, several Southern states flew the Confederate battle flag along with the U.S. and state flags over their statehouses. Others incorporated the controversial symbol into the design of their state flags. The Confederate battle flag has also been appropriated by the Ku Klux Klan and other racist hate groups. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than 500 extremist groups use the Southern Cross as one of their symbols.

Outlaw 50
03-18-2007, 07:30 PM
And your point is???

To a lot of Southern and northern Americans the "Rebel" flag is nothing more than a reminder of southern culture, to some it is just a reminder of a great rock band called Lynyrd Skynyrd.

The fact of the matter is that the current flag of these United States, the Stars and Bars is the flag that flew over ALL the states in this country while slavery was a normal way of life here and elsewhere in the world.

The" Confederate Flag" wasn't designed for use by the KKK, Nazis, or any other group that practices hatred of other people.

The Confederate Navy Jack, also called "The Southern Cross," is a rectangular precursor of the Battle Flag, usually about 5×3 feet. The blue color in the saltire (the diagonal cross) is much lighter than in the Battle Flag, and it was flown only on Confederate ships from 1863 to 1865.

The design was originally made by South Carolina Congressman William Porcher Miles with the intent to be the first national flag, but it was rejected by the Confederate government. Some critics supposedly scoffed at the design, saying it looked too much like crossed suspenders. While the square battle flag was widely used, the oblong version was also used by some army units, including the Army of Tennessee as their battle flag from 1864-1865. (After General Joseph Johnston took command of the Army of Tennessee from Braxton Bragg, he ordered its army-wide implementation to improve morale and avoid confusion.) Today, it is the most universally recognized symbol of the South, where it is commonly called the rebel or Dixie flag. This flag is often erroneously called "the Confederate Flag".

OutCast
03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm not making any point, I'm answering your question of "What do you base that assumption/ opinion on?"

I don't care......

bwamos
03-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm almost 100% positive that someone made the whole thing up and attached George's name to it.. but none the less there's some good stuff there. ;)

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut up already.

They should make this one into a bumper sticker, lol.

PS - Puerto Rico is a United States Territory (unincorporated). I have no issue with them flying their flag, it's like someone flying the Texas Flag. They are a part of the United States. Just not a full blown state.

smr
03-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
I'm almost 100% positive that someone made the whole thing up and attached George's name to it.. but none the less there's some good stuff there. ;)

I agree some good stuff in there but George would never say some of those things. He talks alout about his views on politics and religion and George would never say he's proud to have God's name on money. George is careful in what he says. He's very smart and he would have said I'm not affended by having God's name on money.

Think about what the word proud means assoaciated with God. George knows about religion and that's why he jokes about it.

Also...the part about American Flag. It's the US Flag not the American flag. America includes, North America and South America. To be American means you are a US citizen or a citizen of one of many other counties in America. So did the writer mean that all countries in the west should be under US control or did he simpley not know the difference.

I'm sure Goerge didn't write this.

Still some good stuff in there.

<DRS>GPF
03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
the more I see/think about it, the more it sounds like Andy Rooney..