PDA

View Full Version : Don"t Buy A Hmf

chevy400racer
03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
OK guys before i bought my yoshimura i bought a HMF sport series exhaust and i was very dissapointed in it.... it didn't give me the power that i expected and after about a year of having it, while racing around my track with my friends ( they also have HMF's) my exhaust rear end completely blew out. I wasn't really dissapointed then but to find out that HMF wouldn't cover the warrenty.... I had only had the slip on about a year and the warrenty was still good........... Do yourselves a favor andd dont buy HMF...

nicker71
03-16-2007, 12:51 PM
My tranny went out in my s-10, it wasnt a year old.

DONT BUY A CHEVY

mach1stang
03-16-2007, 12:52 PM
OWNED LOL

Kickstarts-suck
03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by nicker71

DONT BUY A CHEVY

OMG THAT WAS GREAT! LMAO

ive never heard of anyone having problems with HMF. :confused:

gbcap
03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
did it ever get wet. did it ever get hit or flip the bike. did you run lean or rich. all these affect how the pip performs. you do have to repack the exhaust every once in a while. just cause one person has a problem with a normally GREAT company to deal with doesn't mean no one should buy an HMF.

Pappy
03-16-2007, 01:10 PM
HMF pipes are among the leaders in exhausts for atv's. and rarely do you hear of any issues that are not directkly related to damge or abuse. This incident could be a fluke, but depending on how you handled the call to HMF may be more important in regards to getting it fixed or replacement parts sent.

A year on an atv is a long time if you ride at all, sure lawn queens exists, but if you actually ride and do not maintence the thing you will have issues with alot of different parts!

And give it a little time, your prized Yoshi will crack just like a ton of others...its the nature of the beast....does that make them junk also;)

proff x
03-16-2007, 01:10 PM
ve had hmf on my quad and absolutely love it no problems its a little noisy. the only problem ive had is the spot weld broke on the quiet core so i welded it myself and it works perfect

bwamos
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Also as a mintenance tip.. you should generally repack the silencer about every other oil change.

Do you have pictures of the "blow out"?

I also beleive he meant to reply to another thread that was on here about the HMF. Probably hit the wrong button. ;)

underpowered
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
well HMF comes with silent sport packing, supposedly good for 10 years, but i would still re pack at least once a year.

yeah, one bad does not mean all are bad. i have had mine for 3 years now with no problems at all. HMF seems to be very high quality compared to others. everything has it's quirks, but you have too look at everything as a whole, not just one bad experience.

Honda#4
03-17-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd say this site besides white brothers is pretty much HMF owned. But like underpowered said just cus one is bad doesn't mean there all bad, it's just the way people take care of there stuff in my opinion.

ReconRider25
03-17-2007, 09:44 AM
how are you supposed to get power out of just a slip on? come on now its not going to be that much where its really noticble especially if you dont rejet. as for the back coming out, what do you mean? ive had my hmf a couple years now, first year i had it the inner core was slightly too short and it rattled back and forth. i cut down the muffler and made the inner core slightly longer and repacked it and fixed it myself. has been great over a year now. as for their customer service i have never had any problems. i had stripped a screw for the endcap with the wrong size allen and couldnt find one like it at a hardware store. i contacted them didnt know if i had the new or old style bolts and they sent me 3 of each kind. great people and usually great product.

400EXTRA
03-17-2007, 12:54 PM

DONT BUY A CHEVY

didint the warranty cover it dumbass, **** happens my dad is putting a motor in a 2005 ford f-250 the guy just bought it 4 months ago things happen even when they are new

Pappy
03-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
didint the warranty cover it dumbass, **** happens my dad is putting a motor in a 2005 ford f-250 the guy just bought it 4 months ago things happen even when they are new

id suggest asking for a sense of humor for your birthday:chinese:

HPIcamaross
03-17-2007, 01:42 PM

DONT BUY A CHEVY

Quit them brakestands then

Moto250X_Rider
03-18-2007, 12:19 AM
hmf is a great pipe...just like any pipe on the market they are not perfect...nothing is... not even yosh and i like yosh just as much as hmf but u can't say don't buy this they suck becasue u had one bad ex with there pipe....besides not to be a #$a%
But u should be the last person to tell anyone not to get an HMF
do your homework first know what u are getting befor u get it and know how to set it up....i had an HMF for 2 years and it was rear-ended,kicked,underwater...u name it ...and never failed me...not once....and i never had a problem woth there customer service....not once.....if u call anyplace with an attitude...u are not goin to get anywhere

03-18-2007, 01:47 AM
If the back blew out your rivets got bad. Your packing had to have got bernt too. May have blew out but its a 2 cent fix.

ohsobad_chevy
03-18-2007, 12:58 PM
LOL......I have never had any problems with my HMF pipe and I know several people that have HMF's and they havent had any problems......no complaints.

Yee-Haw_400EX
03-18-2007, 09:41 PM

DONT BUY A CHEVY I second that! Chevys suck!

m.h.s.c.#527
03-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX
I second that! Chevys suck!

you suck

ohsobad_chevy
03-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
you suck

I 2nd that...... :macho :blah: :devil:

quadgod440ex
03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Alot of people are going to disagree with you on this one. HMF is very well quality exhaust. And i would never complain about them and im sure alot of people will agree with me that they are great exhausts. I Myself do not run one , but i had one on my 300ex and my 400ex Never a problem and always sounded great.

bwamos
03-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
well HMF comes with silent sport packing, supposedly good for 10 years, but i would still re pack at least once a year.

Sparks also uses silent sport packing and they reccomend changing it every 25hrs.

Theres no way on god's green earth a muffler packing is going to be good for 10 years with the crap we drive the ATV's in. ;)

K_Fulk
03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

And give it a little time, your prized Yoshi will crack just like a ton of others...its the nature of the beast....does that make them junk also;)

You took the words right of my mouth pappy.

chevy400racer
03-19-2007, 01:57 PM
OMG the HMF i had was hardley riden, never flipped, never under water, and for the fact i changed the packing in it 4 weeks before the blowout occured.... Yeah i race and at my local honda shop my dealer told me that another blowout occured........ my yoshimura is way better then those piece's of S**t HMF's..... never in my life would i buy another HMF...

chevy400racer
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
And for the fact my yoshimura has way better top end and low end and i know the quality is better........ HMF's suck and are overrated!!!

northwest Texas
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
So long as you're happy..... :ermm:

You can't make general statements like that on most topics. So you had a bad experience, cry me a river. You're not the first and won't be the last. Quit acting like a whiner. :confused:

bwamos
03-20-2007, 08:25 AM
There's no way a slip-on can give you "way better top-end and low-end" over another similar style slip on. The only way you'll see that is if your jetting was off on one of the two.

The majority of your power gains on an exaust come from the headpipe, not the silencer. (Not counting the restricted stock baffled core silencer)

quadgod440ex
03-20-2007, 11:11 AM
This dudes a clown. Just another one making a completely useless thread., Pretty much anyone who has common sense about products all know that you cant judge a product from just one persons thoughts.

wilkin250r
03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
There's no way a slip-on can give you "way better top-end and low-end" over another similar style slip on.

Who knows. He's probably just talking about the sound of it. :blah:

BillyRayMtnRdr
03-22-2007, 01:24 PM
You can't fix stupid!!!!!!

Moto250X_Rider
03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
hahaha too funny but soooo true....besides thats why hmf was top pick of quad mag for top exhaust this year.....that because they suck soooo bad....hey u are goin to have one bad apple here or there...does that make them sucks look at it this was i know ppl that had yosh's crap out on them...am i making posts saying don't by a yosh tey suck...o.....watch what u say unless u have the numbers to back it up

Moto250X_Rider
03-24-2007, 01:04 AM
sorry i can't type...god better put that in befor there is a post sayin ...god moto can't type...he must suck...i can see it now....don't post to moto250X_Rider he can't type post....i think it will be a hit