PDA

View Full Version : 2007 DRX50 CDI Box

bulldogfallon
03-16-2007, 12:27 PM
If you remove the clip should it be the same as a no rev limit CDI?

I thought that was what Lou said, but I am not 100% positive

Anyone experience any difference with another CDI box on the 07 DRX50s?

forgiven
03-16-2007, 12:38 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287288

I looks like the clip removal does the trick on the 50 and 90

From the dealer I spoke to the different CDI is created for more mid to high with unlimited RPM. The clip removal and stock CDI is more low to mid with unlimited. This is all going on a dealers information, and I have no experience myself...yet.

Nichols Atvs
03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I Have 2007 DRX II 50 The unlimited cdi gives it a little extra on top thats what i found I Have the unlimited box from drr. not an aftermarket .

bulldogfallon
03-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Do you need to cut they greay wire to the coil as well?

Thought someone had mentioned that?

Nichols Atvs
03-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Are you putting in the drr unlimited cdi ? If so I just plugged it in to the same wires that you took out of . Lou didnt tell me to cut any wires .

riding4fun
03-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I just changed both on the 50 and 90 to the unlimited rev CDI.

On the 50 you can just cut the grey wire, it is a ground for the old CDI box. The new one wont need it. Not much of a difference with the old CDI box with the clip removed and the new one.

On the 90 the grey wire was not connected to the frame but rather re-routed back into the CDI box so it didn't come into play.
After putting this new box on, let me tell you it made it 10 mph faster. The top end is amazing. I would really like more low end .

Darrell

AFROracing
03-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
I just changed both on the 50 and 90 to the unlimited rev CDI.

On the 50 you can just cut the grey wire, it is a ground for the old CDI box. The new one wont need it. Not much of a difference with the old CDI box with the clip removed and the new one.

On the 90 the grey wire was not connected to the frame but rather re-routed back into the CDI box so it didn't come into play.
After putting this new box on, let me tell you it made it 10 mph faster. The top end is amazing. I would really like more low end .

Darrell
I am adding the 1500 springs in the clutch this week, I'll let you know how that helps the low end.. Also gonna swap the tire to the 18" snow hogs 1st but I think tht springs will make all the difference on the lowend...

#404's Dad
06-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
If you remove the clip should it be the same as a no rev limit CDI?

I thought that was what Lou said, but I am not 100% positive

Anyone experience any difference with another CDI box on the 07 DRX50s?

If I get some time tomorrow while making pulls I will do a few with each box and we can then see what if any difference there is.

Corey