PDA

View Full Version : Klotz Benoil

kiesta00
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Is there any advantage for using benoil over the super techniplate? I'm switching to C12 and wanna try another oil too. Benoil is a straight castor oil right? thx

deathman53
03-16-2007, 02:35 PM
The oil used is a matter of debate, I used to use bel-ray hr1, then klotz r50. Then I had my powervalve on my aftermarket cylinder clogged and I switched to klotz synthetic snowmobile oil and I'm happy with that change. Powervalves stay clean, spark plugs foul less(and stay cleaner) and it seams to smoke less. I have heard great success with Blue Marble oil, everything stays cleaner, but they say if start using that on a top end, that other oil was used, the first ~5 hours it will smoke like a bandit. After the smoking stops, it will run cleaner, smoke alot less, and lubricate better. I believe the snowmobile mix is what is recommended for use in atv's also.

Everyone has their own opinion, I have been told that caster oil leaves a film that can lubricate better, but also clogg stuff up. As long as you use a good oil and 32:1 mix you can't go wrong. Some may agrue that 50:1 runs cleaner, I'm sure it does, but how well the top end is lubricated can vary alot based on the oil being used. I know what I have found alot of succes with, but everyone is to themselves.

kiesta00
03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
yeah, I just love the way klotz smells :)

I may be switing to alky soon, so benoil may be the best bet!

hang1p
03-20-2007, 03:24 AM
i used benoil before but it said somthing about not being able to use under 50 degrees and early spring and fall the riding temps can be in the 40"s in the morn but it sure did burn clean

Rich250RRacer
03-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I've tried different brands in the past, but I've always come back to Bel-Ray MC-1+, it burns clean and has a stabilizer in it. In fact, while it's definitely not a recommended practice, I pulled one of my CR's out of three year storage (with fuel in it), pulled the choke and fired it in five kicks. Pretty impressive stuff, I'm sold on it.

bardeenm1
03-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I can't say anything about the benoil but just over two seasons ago I switched to Klotz super techniplate buy my mechanics recomendation. I do regular compression checks never had a drop and never a fouled plug and after two seasons I pulled the cylinder and sold the cylinder and piston with almost 300hrs on them and looking for many more hours for the new owner if he sticks to running super techniplate. Besides the oil works awesome, doesn't smoke, and smells dam good!