PDA

View Full Version : C class motocross what to expect?

tyler3400
03-16-2007, 10:14 AM
im thinking about giving motocross racing a try instead of harescrambles. im wondering jsut what kind of things to expect in the C class. for example how modded are most of the quads? are most people in the C class clearing all the jumps? jsut things like that would hlep a ton. i think im gonna go wath the race march 31 at huricane hills track and give it a look but incase i cant make it id like some one to fill me in. thanks

JRP
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
well for me racing C class, i started off on a stock quad. you can do good on a stock quad if u just have the talent. Alot of ppl though have modded quads, as of pipe, front end, rear end, everything pretty much. Not everyone jumps everything. Some places ppl dont do anything, some places, people do everything, its all about the track.

tyler3400
03-16-2007, 10:28 AM
alright, right now i have a 400ex it only has motor work for now ex. pipe, stg2 hot cam, 416 10.8:1 piston so i guess suspension is what i need

4TraxRider
03-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I've noticed in D34, where I'm assuming you'd be racing, that most novice riders have extremely nice quads. Be careful your first race with some of the guys, the first turn can get a little crazy. They don't clear all the jumps but you do have to watch out so you don't get jumped on. There are a few good guys that race once in a while and haven't pointed out yet. If you want to camp with us or hang out, my friends and I will be at Hurricane Hills in a white 5th wheel with #39 LT-R, c class and #450 LT-R, B class.

tyler3400
03-16-2007, 04:58 PM
thanks a lot. i will deffiently keep you in mind, im not gonna be racing there this time im jsut going to check it out, but im sure i will be able to find you guys maybe you coudl show me around or explain some things if ya get the chance there. thanks a lot

400mx7
03-17-2007, 09:04 AM
i run D5 (A Class)
...and in the C class....

theres a alot of A**holes.....ppl who think they can do whatever they want....think there superman....alot of wrecks and alot of ppl that like to hit u in practice.....so be carefull man......couple years ago there was only 2 a riders at this lil indoor track and no b riders so they put us in wit C riders....i had some kid hit me that had no clue how to ride a quad and i broke my back and neck and tore my acl.....so watch out can be some real A**holes there

but have fun you;ll love it

tyler3400
03-17-2007, 09:09 AM
alright so it deffiently sounds like im gonna have to be pretty smart out there. i gotta get some new shocks up front atleast cuz on my neigbors tracki bottom them out very often.i dont rlly want to go with the plus 2's yet until i try it out but if i get some shocks now im gonna have to have them revalved for the plus 2's if i get them so im still trying ot make up my mind. i want to try the fox float shocks tho, or 450r.but anyways thanks for the help guys.

MXRACER86
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
lol not to scare ya or anything but in my experience the C class is crazy!!! lol just be prepaerd for anything! some people should just not be on a quad! lol

Trx250rider86
04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
i placed 2nd in open C at a local track, atco, this weekend, it was my first race ever, and i have a mostly stock ltr 450, stock tires, cherry bomb, flex bars and stablizer but that nothing compared to what some of the guys there were running. most had LT shocks and a-arms. as far as motor work idk but most did have pipes...

red rider88
04-23-2007, 12:11 PM
C class at nationals is totally different then running C at a local race...running C at nationals is like running B at your local track. The people actually know wat they r doing out there but i would deff be smart out there with them

Warnerade
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by red rider88
C class at nationals is totally different then running C at a local race...running C at nationals is like running B at your local track. The people actually know wat they r doing out there but i would deff be smart out there with them I feel bad if you actually tihnk that...They will be as fast as your local B...but will NOT have the experience local B does...it can turn into a mess.

The biggest tip I can give you about c class...do not follow right behind anyone.

TWILES
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I learned that a set of shocks will help you go faster and build more confidence that ANYTHING else you could do when you are starting out. When you start to get comfortable being on the track with other people you'll start wanting to try some of the doubles and without a decent set of shocks it can be dangerous. Works Performance Shocks were the ones I got for my 500Quadracer and they changed my whole view on jumps, whoops, breaking bumps, and even rough turns. You see that you can really start charging at these things with out so much worry of bottoming or bouncing around. I know Works doesn't have the name that PEP and others have but they have been around for a long time and build really good replacement and full racing shocks. A good set of tires helps a lot with the shocks. Its not so much the " hooking up " part, its the way the bike handles with the tires. The harder the tire...the less bounce. If you don't know what I'm talking about with the bounce, you will. Basically, suspension is worth every penny. Works makes shock with and without remote rez', double and triple springs, adjustable comp and rebound and without. Get the cheapest ones they have. If you really like MX, you'll want a 450 so don't put any more than you have to in the 400. You should have plenty of motor.

By the way, there are going to be complete idiot in "C" class with $15000 + bikes that can not ride them and most of them really believe they are going Pro. Ignore them and enjoy yourself. When I was running "A" class 6 years ago I had a bunch of guys on sooped-up 250Rs laughing at me and my stock Banshee. I had a set of 18" Holeshots in the back on 8" beadlocks and a set of nerfbars. They didn't know that I just sold a 250R that would eat their's alive. They weren't laughing that afternoon when I had half a 1.2 mile track on them. Do the best you can and don't let them get to you.

tyler3400
04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
i appreciate the help a ton! im really trying to save up for atleast bare minimum some form of front suspension. ive tried to go to a few races latly to watch first but they have all been cancelled so this sunday im gonna go to the broome tioga race track.

tyler3400
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
well i did my first race this past sunday at thunder ridge. i think i deffiently picked a good track to start on jumps were very easy, kinda to easy for what i expected even with my stock 400 shocks. i ended up having to run 3 motos because i had to do the LCQ. it was a blast but extremelt hard. i got arm pump so much worse then when i did hare scrambles so i need ot get working on that. im trying to find trakcs in new york that have like weekly practises ? also any advice for the arm pump. thanks a lot

TrapZ400
05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Thats cool. Im probably going to be racing D3 too. I just need a kill switch in stuff like that. Im still trying to convince my parents to let me race. They dont want me to get hurt and mess up my quad. But I know for my first race im not going to go out there and try to get the holeshot and win the race, im just going to try to finish.

Well hopefully I will be seeing you at the races this summer.

tyler3400
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
yeh i deffiently knew i wasnt going to win or come close, but mainly wanted ot jsut have fun and i deffiently accomlpished that. it was a great atmosphere everyone i talked ot was really helpful. my dad was the same way about me and my quad and at first it did cause some problems with me and him but i think once he came and watched one and saw how mcuh i love doing it hes started to accept it. if you do get the oppurtunity to do it then its one thign i woudlnt pass up.

TrapZ400
05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah i have been to a couple of races with friends to watch them race. It is awesome to be at a track. Its such a cool feeling when your there because eveybody there loves to do the same thing you do. Yeah im going to take my parents to one of the races to let them watch and get the feel of what goes on there. Then hopefully they will like it and give me the ok to race.