PDA

View Full Version : adjusting clutch cable

86250rbanshee
03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
If I am looking things correctly it is difficult to adjust the clutch cable I'm talking abou tthe the adjustment down under the carbs, its nothing like the clutch cable adjustment on my 250r where its nice and easy to get too..

firefighterjosh
03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
The adjustment is on top next to the clutch lever. If that dosen't work then you are going to have to adjust it internally. If I remember right there isn't a adjustment down under the carbs

86250rbanshee
03-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah I know about the clutch lever adjustment by the lever, I'm talking about down on the motoro somewhere, I rear where you have to take the lclutch cover off or something and do it there.

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Ya that is the internal clutch adjustment. Take off your clutch cover and get your self I belive a 10mm wrech and a good screw driver

djguestone
03-23-2007, 06:51 PM
But where do you adjust it.
Where am I wrenching & what am I doing with the screwdriver? Thanks.

okbeast
03-26-2007, 04:11 PM
In the middle of your clutch basket there is a nut with a screw in the middle of it. Loosen the nut with an open end wrench and tighten or loosen the screw to where when you push the clutch arm on the top of the motor over it lines up with the arrow on the motor. Hold the screw in place while tightening the nut back up. Make sure to do this with all the slack out of the cable, then make adjustments up at the handle to where you like it.