PDA

View Full Version : I picked up mine today

jamiesel
03-16-2007, 01:15 AM
I went and pick up my new white one today and rode it just a bit. I thought it felt similar to a yamaha 450 except the pegs were further away from the seat. The seat is stiff like a 04 yfz. Power is choked up but the throttle is responsive with the FI as I had hoped. Very easy to push thumb throttle. Steering is nice, the renthal bars feel great. Brakes are the best I have used to date on the front. It does stoppies in the pavement. I love the right thumb lever reverse. But the thing that stands out the best and this was a very pleasant surprise was the transmission. I was in fifth gear and clutch in downed it all the way to first and hardly felt a click. I thought I was missing the gears is was so smooth. Finding neutral is nothing like my raptor 700 or Cannondale. It goes in only when you want to and very easy to find. Very nice engineering! I hope it rides nice like my yamaha 450 did when off road. Heres to hoping!

feature05
03-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I got black and white also today. Anyways my cousin rode mine and he told me the same thing. It felt just like his YFZ450. Thats crazy.

greyyfz450
03-17-2007, 03:38 PM
is it faster than a yfz???