PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about 450r's...(hopefully going to be a future owner)

Titanium
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
So i've been riding a kfx400 for 2 years now and i want a 450r for freestyle. I've been experiencing alot of valve problems with the kfx400 and that is one of my main reasons i have came to this conclusion. Im tired of riding a tippy quad i want sumthing that has a lower gas tank and such and i want sumthing that is easy to work on and find parts for. That comes up with a honda in my book. Now my question is am i gonna have as many motor problems with a 450r? Mainly involving valve adjustments? Im just tired of having to mess with this on my kfx.

esr250r86
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
I have had mine for over a year and a half and I have never had any problems with the valves but I got them adjusted once just to see if they were ok. I do regular oil changes and clean my filter and the quad has ran perfect so far and is very dependable. The 450r's are not as high as the kfx400's but stock is not very low either. If you put a arms and shocks and some mx tires the quad will definitely have a lower center of gravity and be easier to handle and turn. Good luck 450r's are awesome quads and have unlimited modification possibility's and parts are very common.:)

03-16-2007, 10:03 AM
There are tons if great parts for the 450r's
I love my I rode the yfz and it great also very low i enjoy both very much I say honda or yamaha u cant go wrong with those two

Titanium
03-16-2007, 12:36 PM
The only thing i care about when it comes to center of gravity is that its not as tippy as my kfx400. Also does the yfz sit lower than the 450r?

TWILES
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
The best thing for you to do is to go to a dealership that will let you examine the bike and sit on it and look it over. None of the Honda dealers here will let you ride you unless you will do a credit app. or have cash. Yamaha dealers are nomally a little more giving. I bought ours basically on a whim. I don't think riding it would have changed my mind BUT I wouldn't have been as supprised or let down when I got it home. I took an 06 for a spin and liked it a lot better.

allstock
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
The only thing i care about when it comes to center of gravity is that its not as tippy as my kfx400. Also does the yfz sit lower than the 450r?

yes the yfz sits lower. and the 450r is still tippy in stock form but not as bad as the z/kfx/dvx 400