PDA

View Full Version : will anything from blingstar work on my 250R?

mineralgrey01gt
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Like the title says. I really like a lot of their parts, especially their front bumpers. Will any of these work on my bike?

TheFontMaster
03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/fonty/Picture016.jpg?t=1174011597

They make the bumpers, I'm not sure about some of their other stuff. The 250r, and 450r grab bars are the same.

DOHC
03-15-2007, 09:22 PM
More than likley they will. 250r, 400ex and 450r parts are very close.

deathman53
03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I will warn you of one thing, their bumper tends to clog up with dirt and block flow to the radiator, causing your bike to overheat. It did this to my friends 450r, once he removed the bumper and put a more open bumper on, it didn't overheat after that.

After what happened to me on tuesday night, I don't want a strong front bumper. I fell of my 250r and the bike went into a pole on the side of the track and cleanly broke the bumper and snapped a bolt holding it on, But didn't bend the frame. I would much rather replace bent/broke bumpers then bend the frame and replace it. Keep this in mind when you decide what bumper you want. I personally like AC stadium bumpers, they take the hit and break off or bend, instead of staying rigid posibbly bending the frame. Also they are pretty open letting alot of air to the radiator.

Crazy lil punk
03-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
I will warn you of one thing, their bumper tends to clog up with dirt and block flow to the radiator, causing your bike to overheat. It did this to my friends 450r, once he removed the bumper and put a more open bumper on, it didn't overheat after that.

After what happened to me on tuesday night, I don't want a strong front bumper. I fell of my 250r and the bike went into a pole on the side of the track and cleanly broke the bumper and snapped a bolt holding it on, But didn't bend the frame. I would much rather replace bent/broke bumpers then bend the frame and replace it. Keep this in mind when you decide what bumper you want. I personally like AC stadium bumpers, they take the hit and break off or bend, instead of staying rigid posibbly bending the frame. Also they are pretty open letting alot of air to the radiator.

Thanks for telling me that, I already had overheating problems from a dirtyed up rad, and I was going to get this bumper, haha, thanks for the headsup

mineralgrey01gt
03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
thanks man for the heads up. I wanted to get one of their new bumpers according to their site but the openings arent big at all, but also its not quite as big as the iron cross bumper. Also when ordering a bumper, say from blingstar, could i just get a 400ex bumper? Or are the mounting holes different?

Kirt13
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
Like the title says. I really like a lot of their parts, especially their front bumpers. Will any of these work on my bike?
The only thing they make that fits the 250r is their iron cross bumper......that's it.

mineralgrey01gt
03-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Kirt13
The only thing they make that fits the 250r is their iron cross bumper......that's it.

thanks man, not the look i was going for. How hard is it to make a 400ex bumper fit? Just out of curiosity

atvmxr
03-16-2007, 02:56 PM
IMO the best looking bumper is still the duncan one :devil:

mineralgrey01gt
03-16-2007, 07:19 PM
hmm never saw that one. Ill search for it and see if i can find it. I found an AC bumper that i really like also