PDA

View Full Version : tear off question

BlasterEaten250
03-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Well I just got some tear-off's a couple days ago and put a few on. My goggles (spy alloy pro series) only have 2 tear off posts (on the lens) and the tear off's don't attach anywhere else. When I ride the ends that you pull flap in the wind and are really annoying. I know some goggles have a third post on the side so that they don't flap. Any suggestions on what I can do about this? I'm new with tear off's so and don't really know anything about them. Here's a picture of the goggles I have

AtvMxRider
03-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Get used to the flap yes it is annoying but there is not much you can do about it. I usually only run 2 or 3 tearoffs anyway

trick250r
03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
see, on my goggles, i just put the first tear off on and fold the flap over the post and lay the 2nd one on top and then so on and so forth. it doesnt flap as much.

allstock
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
the tear offs usually come with instructions or a third post. usually you just do what trick250r says if you dont have a 3rd post

05Z400rdr
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
my spy goggles have a 3rd post that just clips onto the strap. im oretty sure that it came with my pack of tearoffs. this is how i do mine:
1. clip the tear offs on both posts
2. clip it on the 3rd post
3. fold the end/big hole over top of it over and clip the next one on the 3rd post
4. and do that for ever how many that u want
that way, only 1 is sticking out to pull at a time, and when u pull it, u wont be pulling multiple ones off. and by folding it over, once u pull one off, the another 1 will be sticking out to pull off...hopefuly that makes sense to u....?
hope this helps

Landon

trick250r
03-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
my spy goggles have a 3rd post that just clips onto the strap. im oretty sure that it came with my pack of tearoffs. this is how i do mine:
1. clip the tear offs on both posts
2. clip it on the 3rd post
3. fold the end/big hole over top of it over and clip the next one on the 3rd post
4. and do that for ever how many that u want
that way, only 1 is sticking out to pull at a time, and when u pull it, u wont be pulling multiple ones off. and by folding it over, once u pull one off, the another 1 will be sticking out to pull off...hopefuly that makes sense to u....?
hope this helps
Landon

thats what i said only he explained it better... lol see, i use smith goggles so the 3rd post already came on them but i never use it... i just use the lens post on the left just because its easier for me to grab. either way, its the same thing. as soon as you pull the first one off, the second one is right there in the same place the first one was.

hetrick_racing9
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM YOU GOTTA BUY THE 10 PACK I THINK IT IS WITH THE 3RD POST IN THE PACK WHICH GOES ON YOUR STRAP TO HOLD THE PULL PART AND U JUST FOLD EMM WITH THE BIG WHOLE ON TOP AND CLIP ONE ONTOP OF IT THERE FOR IT POPS THE NEXT ONE UP... ASK UR DEALER OR STORE THE THE TEAR OFF PACK WITH THE 3RD POST IN IT .. I BELEIVE IT IS THE 10 PACK

ridered11
03-16-2007, 06:21 AM
simple solution:

just put a rubberband around the goggle strap and rubberband the tabs to the strap, you could even use a papper clip

but like another guy said, just get used to it

CannondaleRider
03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
There isn't really a perfect solution, it's just the nature of the beast.

Just get used to it....or go to Roll-Offs.

BlasterEaten250
03-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys I'll try some of those ideas.