PDA

View Full Version : got my blackline all on

quadwanter
03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
had to do some drilling to get it to fit but all worked out well...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Quadwanter/4502.jpg

also got new bars and i highly recomend never getting protaper grips...they were ok for like 2 rides then went to crap and the right one fell off when i landed a jump...not to safe

allstock
03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
what did you have to drill? looks good but i always thought installing anything ac was like pulling teeth. i had to kick in the nerfs on my quad.

quadwanter
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
the bottom 2 holes didnt line up all the way (probably a 1/8th inch up up the whole to far) so i had to drill out the holes a little bit so the screws didnt go in at an angle...not a big deal, just kinda a pain lol

DJJ450r
03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
looks nice, and for you grips take a razor blade and make X's around where the grips go and then put stock grip glue and the grips on. Let it sit overnight then wire tire it:macho

mx1791
03-15-2007, 09:05 PM
yea it does look good, i really like that bumper. my AC stuff on my 400 (bumper and nerfs) where a p.i.t.a to put on, the nerfs where rigged and rattled, i wont even talk about the bumper

skull2002
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
i have same bumper, plus black ac nerfs w/pro pegs,kickups. it took me all of 20 minutes to put them on. holes matched up, everything fit tight, perfect! maybe i just got a good set?

Architects
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I have the same bumper and it took me and 2 other friends to get it one. We had to use a huge pry bar to bend it in place. I'll never buy AC again. Absolute junk

d3ktrix
03-15-2007, 10:54 PM
lol AC can't even make a bumper fit?
I've herd many times that their nerfs are a hard fit, but a bump? Thats crazy.

Rich250RRacer
03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
I just put a Blackline bumper on my '07 and I had to take a file to the lower holes, but I also have a Pro Armor chassis skid on it which seemed to be the cause of the misalignment. Without the skid, it might have lined right up.

400exrider707
03-16-2007, 08:13 AM
AC is pretty notorious for everything not lining up... who cares? Once its on its good and tight though isn't it? Aluminum moves a lot with heat applied... imagine trying to weld all that bumper up and not having anything move... it can be done in a jig, but it will still move and tweak a little.

rlplive
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by skull2002
i have same bumper, plus black ac nerfs w/pro pegs,kickups. it took me all of 20 minutes to put them on. holes matched up, everything fit tight, perfect! maybe i just got a good set?
probably because I have that same bumper and it don't fit worth a damn

rlplive
03-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
AC is pretty notorious for everything not lining up... who cares? Once its on its good and tight though isn't it? Aluminum moves a lot with heat applied... imagine trying to weld all that bumper up and not having anything move... it can be done in a jig, but it will still move and tweak a little.
Who cares? Well when you pay 80-90 for a bumper and it don't fit I think anyone would care. For 90 bucks the holes should at least line up don't you think?

d3ktrix
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

Alum bike frames come out perfect, the KFX frames are alum and I doubt there as screwy as AC's stuff.

AC just isn't quality stuff.

My IMS bumper lined up 100% perfect. I held the bumper with 1 hand and slid the screws in with the other.
No bending/hammering/prying, went right on like it should.

Imagin if AC made quad frames? You'd never get the engine in the thing.

400exrider707
03-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Alum bike frames come out perfect, the KFX frames are alum and I doubt there as screwy as AC's stuff.

AC just isn't quality stuff.

My IMS bumper lined up 100% perfect. I held the bumper with 1 hand and slid the screws in with the other.
No bending/hammering/prying, went right on like it should.

Imagin if AC made quad frames? You'd never get the engine in the thing.

Like I said it can be done in a jig.... The frames probably have a pretty extensive jig, an are robotically welded as well. Its just a bumper!? Its going to get hit and bend anyways.

AC's fitment quality is pretty well known....The cool looks come with bad fitment I guess!?

81built2hill81
03-17-2007, 11:25 AM
I Dont Have A Black Line Bumper But I Have AC Bumpers, Full Skids, And Swing Arm Skids On My 450R, My 440Ex, And My 300EX and They All Fit Perfectly No Problems At All. So I Guess I Got Lucky Three Times.:rolleyes:

TWISTED DINLI
03-17-2007, 11:49 AM
looks good.

eganracing
03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Architects
I have the same bumper and it took me and 2 other friends to get it one. We had to use a huge pry bar to bend it in place. I'll never buy AC again. Absolute junk

its A bsolute C rap or also known as A lmost C lose

but there stuff does look very good. i like that bumper.

quadwanter
03-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
looks good.

thanks

me too lol:macho

ShiftFMX
03-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I know AC Stuff is a pain to put on, but once its on there, it doesnt move! And it looks damn good! I will have to admit though, I am starting to fall for the looks of the blingstar stuff! I'll admit, I have an AC bumper, nerfs and skids, and I love they way they all look!

This here looks like pretty trick and some good quality stuff...

http://www.blingstar.com/sandbox/nerfbar_ironman.jpg

mx1791
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
i like blingstars quality, im buying another bumper from them soon, and my next nerfs will be blingstars, but i think the best looking stuff is the AC stuff, there blackline series looks killer, i just wish the nerfs didnt rattle so much