PDA

View Full Version : Man...I feel bad....

Pappy
03-15-2007, 07:20 PM
After a few days of chatting with folks about the Georgia GNCC, I got to checking out the DRR to see what was keeping it from being the little ripper I thought it should be.

I received the rev box tonight and quickly installed it. Cody threw on some gear and took it for a spin, and while he said that it seemed to do a little better, it still was not fast

Back in the shop. I started thinking of something a few of my friends had reported to me about cody during the race, how he seemed to be full throttle and just sitting on the seat That doesnt even sound like cody and being in the woods I knew he should have been flying. Suddenly, I had a thought.....that damn throttle limiting screw It was WAY out so I assumed it was not an issue, but when I removed it, the screw was only showing 1/2 of itself

Back out for another ride. Same results, except this time he reported to me that above 3/4 throttle it was falling on its face RICH condition!

So a call was made to my friend who just lives for these mini quads and loves it even more when I need his assistance(he is my go to guy for life...lol) We discussed the Hetricks airbox and figured we had better try reinstalling the stock filter and starting from there.

So, stock pod filter reinstalled, new rev box, and the limiter screw fully removed Cody rolled back outside for one more stab at this thing.

Hauls MAJOR ***!

Cody said it will be a few days before he talks to me seeing he ran a National with half throttle But before he started his silent treatment, he did smile and winked as he said Steel Creek should be another story

LESSON LEARNED:p

underpowered
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
lol, i hate it when stupid stuff like that happens.

My dad bought a suburban used a while back and drove it home. barely got in the driveway and it died. since it was used, there was no warranty. he started tearing it apart to find out what was wrong. turned out the fuel gauge was wrong and it was just out of gas. the fuel gauge got stuck at 1/4 tank. he was mad

sly400ex
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Lesson learned, but good to know for the future!:D

mitch91
03-15-2007, 08:04 PM
What did he place?

Quad18star
03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Ah man .... I thought you were gunna say you went over to that hot, horse riding, neighbour girl of yours place for a cup of sugar and walked in on her comming out of the shower with nothing on and accidently took pictures of her . :D

But yeah , that screw thing , I'd be pissed too !!!!!:p

Pappy
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
he finished 20th overall Results (http://www.racerbanners.com/results/gncc/2007/overall.asp?e=9&r=2&s=6)

ohsobad_chevy
03-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ah man .... I thought you were gunna say you went over to that hot, horse riding, neighbour girl of yours place for a cup of sugar and walked in on her comming out of the shower with nothing on and accidently took pictures of her . :D

But yeah , that screw thing , I'd be pissed too !!!!!:p

:devil: ....I was hoping the same.....any chance of that ever happening, Pap? :blah:

Pappy
03-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Ill try and snap some pics, she just got a boob job:eek2:

ohsobad_chevy
03-15-2007, 09:03 PM
.....MOTHER OF GOD!!! :eek2: :devil:

insaneracin2003
03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Have mercy on Pap's sole....and me too!!!....psssst,Kenny,make sure it's a lil nippley out when you snap the pics.:bandit:

stalefish_132
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Ill try and snap some pics, she just got a boob job:eek2:

thwn what the heck are you doign posting here!!!:eek2: i know your good with a camera pappy, now go snap a few and report back:devil:

CRich[814]
03-15-2007, 10:12 PM
i believe her quad is for sale in the for sale section. someone could use the seat :devil:

dan harris
03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
...........Hey Pappy I got to thinking, and went up to the garage to check,

.........and sure enough the throttle screw on my 400 was also half way in !!!????? I bet thats why I couldn't get the uphill tripple.

------ Can't wait to roost with full power !!
>>>>>>EVERYBODY SHOULD CHECK THEIR SCREW!!

PS, How come I didn't get to meet the neighbor when I came to visit?????

Pappy
03-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by dan harris

PS, How come I didn't get to meet the neighbor when I came to visit?????

trust me, you did not miss anything. eye candy for sure, but the inside is not worth messing with:p

besides, i did not want to see amanda whoop a knot on your head:devil:

bwamos
03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
20th @ half throttle. Not a bad finish, lol. :D

400EXTRA
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
he will get over it

dan harris
03-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

besides, i did not want to see amanda whoop a knot on your head:devil: [/B]

...good point!