PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Extensions GOOD/BAD?????

Vmann
03-15-2007, 06:32 PM
A buddy of mine got some wheel extensions for his blaster. The kind that go on and extend your logs... 5" total 2 & 1/2 per side.

My question is how much abuse kind you put on these before lugs starting bending or braking. I'm more curios as to how much air you think he could take before they brake. We're planing on hitting up a mx track pretty soon... we won't be pounding the crap out of the bikes but just curios as to the abuse one should expect from the adapters.

mad440
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
in the words of 400exrider707 "Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten"

deathman53
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
they increase bump steer and can make you axle bend. I wouldn't use them for anything other than flat track and possibly dune riding. If you plan on mx or aggresive trail riding stay far away from them. Under jumping and hard riding they have a tendacy to bend axles and bend/break spindles. I have also heard of them breaking the wheels studs off also.

400exrider707
03-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
they increase bump steer and can make you axle bend. I wouldn't use them for anything other than flat track and possibly dune riding. If you plan on mx or aggresive trail riding stay far away from them. Under jumping and hard riding they have a tendacy to bend axles and bend/break spindles. I have also heard of them breaking the wheels studs off also.

They do NOT increase bump steer!!!! They will increase the feeback felt through the handlebars however, but that is not bumpsteer....

and yes they suck!!!:blah:

JW450R1
03-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Do it right.buy a axle,and a-arms

400exrider707
03-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JW450R1
Do it right.buy a axle,and a-arms

and if you cant afford that, keep it stock...

number5
03-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Flip em, extend them, its only going to add leverage to you front shock. The back is just going to stick out for the trees.