PDA

View Full Version : Kfx400- no power from battery... batterys charged

kfxwizzard400
03-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Ok heres the problem... i took my quad out in the snow for around 15 minutes it ran great no problems. 2 days later i went into the garage to start it up and when i turned the key my headlights didnt go on and there wasnt any power to anything. I figured it was my battery so i checked it with a volt meter and it was fully charged and it even worked on my 300ex. I then get my friend to tow me around so i could pop start it and when it started up it ran good but when i turned my headlight on it would bog when i hit the gas but when i turned my headlight off it was fine. Then when i left it idling for a while it overheated and coolant came out into the overflow. So as of right now i have no clue what it could be except maybe a ground wire came loose or something... i need some suggestions asap please iv been tinkering with this thing for over a week now and still nothing. If it helps i have a hmf ballence full system and a uni air filter, stock cdi. thanks

indyZrider
03-15-2007, 06:00 PM
you check the fuses?

05Z400rdr
03-15-2007, 09:13 PM
are your terminals clean? unhook the battery and clean the terminals really good so that it is a good metal to metal contact.

also check the fuses. make sure none of the fuses are bad. if so, replace with a new one.

let us know how u make out. hope this helps

Landon

Z-Rider86
03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I know it's prolly the most frustrating but just check and double check the wires according to the book. A friend of mine had a similar problem with his KTM, all it turned out to be was a loose ground wire.

Pappy
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
i would agree, that if the battery is fully charged (12.5 volts or higher) that you more then likely could have a broken or loose ground.

NYKFXRIDER06
03-15-2007, 10:00 PM
My KFX did the same thing it was the fuse next to the battery.-pat

YFZ450Ridr
03-15-2007, 10:09 PM
something similar happened to my old z, it turned out to be a bad wire going into the cylanoid(sp?)

jonboy
03-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Every reply here is great. My personal experience was a bad terminal end on the Ground wire where it connects to the battery. The wires broke up inside of it, and this was only a week after owning it. So I bought a new terminal and re-soldered it tho the wire.

kfxwizzard400
03-25-2007, 01:57 PM
ok so i found the problem from my first post... One of the wires from my cdi was rubing on my frame and it rubed all the way threw the wire. I fixed that and when i started it it didnt want to idle and it poped really badly when i would rev it.. Its starting to really piss me off iv had nothing but trouble with this thing. Also every so often ill hear a tick from in my motor so i dont know its if my timing chain or what it could be. Im going to check my valves to make sure there adjusted right and check my timing chain for play.. but does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for all your help!

kfxwizzard400
03-26-2007, 03:37 PM
any help>?

suzukiray
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Now, pull the carb & take it apart & clean ALL the passages & ALL the jets with a can of spray cleaner & then blow them ALL out with a blow gun & air compressor. Also, if it hasn't been done, drill out & remove the air mixture screw plug & adjust the mixture screw. One more thing, does it have FRESH gas in it or OLD gas? Could be part of it too! While you're at it, is it a NEW spark plug? Keep us informed, Ray.

kfxwizzard400
04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
turns out.. i must have pulled one of the vaccum lines of with the fuel tank perch when i removed the gas tank. It just took me a long time to figure out but its runnin like a champ now. Thanks