PDA

View Full Version : Simple question about headlights

BossmanEX
03-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Ive got an 01 with the factory headlights and the bulbs are burnt. Do I HAVE to get them from a honda dealer or are they available elsewhere? I would call the local parts house to find out but there is no part number on the bulbs.

Unverfehrt400ex
03-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Id say just call your local honda dealer and they should be able to order you some bulbs.

Eviltanker
03-16-2007, 07:21 AM
You should be able to get the bulbs at any auto parts store I would imangine?
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/vehicleSelectProd.do#vehicleSelect

red_rider38
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
It uses H6M bulbs. You can get the piaa pure white bulbs for around 30 bucks each or get the rickystator ones for 9 bucks each. Don't go back to stock, they're incadescent.

krt400ex
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by red_rider38
It uses H6M bulbs. You can get the piaa pure white bulbs for around 30 bucks each or get the rickystator ones for 9 bucks each. Don't go back to stock, they're incadescent.

i agree with that

underpowered
03-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by red_rider38

most light bulbs are incandescent. even the pure white bulbs. incandescent just means the light is made through the glowing of a heated element.

but yeah, you should be able to just take the bulb to your local auto parts store and match them up. but try to keep the wattage the same, don't go up if at all possible.