PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild question???

rwgtar68
03-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok I had to rebuild my engine due to the wonderful crank bearing failure...Well I finally put the case back together & realized that i still have 4 dowell alignment pins which is ok. but one of them is half the size of all the others and i have no idea where this small pin should go??? was i supposed to use it inside the case, it looks like the 4 for the outside should all be the larger ones??? HELP!!!

chad502ex
03-16-2007, 08:30 AM
there are two small dowel pins for the center cases.

there are two small for each left/right side covers..

there are two large dowel pins for the cylinder jug bottom..

there are two large dowel pins for the cylinder head...

These pins are of great importance. You must find where you have not installed them...

Good luck.

400exrider707
03-16-2007, 08:36 AM
That would go under the category of things that make a man want to cry....:ermm:

czrider263
03-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
there are two small dowel pins for the center cases.

there are two small for each left/right side covers..

there are two large dowel pins for the cylinder jug bottom..

there are two large dowel pins for the cylinder head...

These pins are of great importance. You must find where you have not installed them...

Good luck.

Yeah they are important. Once i put a piston in the cylinder and relize that i forgot the pins. Had to take it all apart to slide them on.

chad502ex
03-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
Yeah they are important. Once i put a piston in the cylinder and relize that i forgot the pins. Had to take it all apart to slide them on.

A trick is to remove the head, lift the jug, and remove one stud at a time and slip the dowels in, then reinstall the stud....

;)

rwgtar68
03-17-2007, 12:40 AM
OK I figured it out, it goes to the water pump impeller cover!!! It uses two dowell pins half the size of the ones for the case!!! feewwwhh:D

chad502ex
03-17-2007, 08:59 AM
ah yes, they are the smallest two of them all..... LOL!!

good find.... heh

czrider263
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
A trick is to remove the head, lift the jug, and remove one stud at a time and slip the dowels in, then reinstall the stud....

;)

Never thought of that:D .