PDA

View Full Version : Gas Help

timmersam
03-15-2007, 12:42 PM
This question could be stupid but i am new to 2 strokes. I have motul synthetis 2-stroke oil and realize they need to be mixed. But I have also heared of people adding stabil. What is stabil is my question. Also the quad i am building has a ct pipe and is bored slightly over. What ratio should i mix??? Thanks any help would be great.

Scott-300ex
03-15-2007, 12:51 PM
USE STABIL, Stabil is a fuel stabilizer, it won't let the fuel/gas gunk up or turn into varnish which is a solid and clogs up everything like your jets, needle and seat, petcock......

When I worked at a shop the boss said run it every week for it not to gum up, cuz people would come in 2 weeks at a time sayin it clogged up agian, and 75% of the work was cleanin out carbs.

For me and my dad we've had gas sit in the quads for almost a year and still run when we wanted them to a year later, cuz we run Stabil, It's like an ounce to every 2.5 gallons or something so 1 can of it will last a while.

And I suggest 32:1, thats wut I run and a lot of other guys on here too, with Stabil.

timmersam
03-16-2007, 11:30 PM
So i should put stabil the gas container every time i get gas then??

GPracer2500
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Only if the gas is going to go unused for a couple weeks or more would Stabil provide any benefit. You don't need to use it every time you fill-up your cans.

I use it for various applications (lawn mower, generator) or anything that's gonna sit for a while. I have used it in my fun toys with no perceivable ill affects.